Motion detection disabled but still recording

I installed a Ring doorbell 3 a week ago and a plug in security camera three days ago. My concern is with the security camera constantly recording motion even though I have motion detection disabled in Home mode. The description for disabling motion detection is that the camera “will not detect motion or capture video or shapshots in this mode”. I have not found this to be the case. If I also disable Live View then then the camera stops detecting and recording. I looked through previous posts on the Community board and found a reference written two years ago to turn off Push Notifications but this did not do anything. Any suggestions out there?

Hey @jfd34. Thank you for bringing up this concern and detailing it here! Since Modes is not working as it should for you, do you mind following up with our support team on this concern so they can look more into this? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Please feel free to come back and let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

You figure this out? I’m having the exact same problem

I did not call Ring but I did a lot of experimenting. One thing I learned was that if the Record Motion button is Enabled the camera will record even though Motion Detection is Disabled. Say this is the case in Home Mode. If you return to the Dashboard and change Modes and then change back to Home Mode, the Record Motion button is no longer Enabled, assuming you have Motion Detection disabled. Hope this helps. I find that I use the Home mode with the Motion Detection disabled during the daytime. I do not get any recordings or alerts. At bedtime I change to Away mode so that everything is enabled…That way the camera records if there is any motion. I haven’t found a good use for the Disarmed Mode.

Disarmed was still detecting motion. I edited home settings then “Disarmed” worked properly.