Motion detection as suddenly stopped

Hi
We have had the wired stick up cam set up outside for about 2 weeks now. Everything was working fine up until yesterday. Now no motions are been detected at all even though no settings have been changed on the app. We also can’t see the blue light flashing on the camera anymore.

Hey @Commegena. Could you try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds before reconnecting it? After doing the reset, please go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Stick Up Cam > Device Health > Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. This will walk you through another setup of your device to get it connected after. After this time, try to test the motion and let me know if it’s picking you up and functioning as it should! :slight_smile:

HI

It seems to only work when it wants to. Have checked the app and no times and dates are set but it stops working overnight. 2 days ago it seemed to turn off about 7pm and restart around lunchtime. Its really confusing me now as I cant work out why.

Multiple peole are having issues with stickup cam gen 3 stop working suddenly, and then starts working. Best option would be to call support and have then escalate to engineering.

1 Like

Thank you. Do you know if anyone that as spoke to the contact centre as found a way to fix the motion detection? I currently have a camera that is only a few weeks old that is basically of no use to us now its not picking any motion up. :frowning:

Unfortunately the reset didnt help. Within 5 minutes of resetting the camera the motion detection as already stopped working.

Hi @Commegena, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. As @F1N1 said, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team since the reset was unsuccessful in resolving your motion concerns. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

Hi, I haven’t seen any posts regarding a perminant fix. As so many of us are having the issue I’ve been suggesting people call support. After they make you do the basic troubleshooting they will be able to escalate the case. If they see multiple people having the issue they can hopefully release a firmware update to fix this.

1 Like