Motion Zones no longer visible in app

I ended up calling Ring the next day, and the support person was very helpful. She took the issue to another department, who in turn accessed my account and drew a new zone using their development tools. Then they indicated they did not see an issue and asked me to try again. This time, when I went into my account to edit zones, I had no zones in use and was able to create a new one. Something they did resolved the issue.

I then spent another 10 minutes on the phone with them and gave them all types of information to help them debug and find the root of the issue. Their tools did not see the issue, but they had all my screenshots, I gave them possible scenarios that triggered this, etc. I have not followed up if they have found the root yet, but will as I don’t want to go through this again.

Thus, if you are experiencing this issue, you may also have to resort to calling Ring and have them access your zones too. You could reference me as a user and they can look up all the details they have on file (there is a ton). Wish I could help more.

2 Likes