Motion Sensitivity picking up pets when set for People Only

Manny,

I too have less false alarms lately. I reduced my floodlight sensitivity range which might have helped, but a spider spinning a web around the floodlight sets off the lights and recording/notification. That has happened once in the past week.

Also, same thing with an opossum. It walked right through the middle of the motion zone, set the lights off and the recording/notification.

This only happens at night and I think the lights set the video recording off. Who knows. I don’t count on or expect this device to be the security for “human forms only” I had hoped it would be, based on the claims and the available people only setting. I’ve given up on that. I don’t want to be woken up with false alarms any day of the week, so until the device stops all false alarms for a significant period of time, I’m keeping it “do not disturb”.

I also noticed another disappointment not on this topic. Someone came to pick something up and I observed them through the camera, and not only live, but recorded, I could not zoom in and read the license plate maybe 40 feet from the camera. So even if the camera caught a vehicle doing something nefarious in my driveway, it would not provide a license plate number for police to search.

So, this device to me is almost just an amusement or interesting toy. It’s just essentially a camera, the recording can let you see what happened, but may not provide a clear face image for crime solving or a license plate. I’m home almost all the time (even before COVID-19) so the remote features aren’t even regularly useful.

The one thing it definitely does that I could not do before, is allow me to look out that end of the house without running all the way upstairs to the only window that faces that way. Sadly, when I get an alert…IF I’m actually near my phone, by the time it allows me to actually see the view, a lot of stuff has already passed by. It’s useful in combination with my driveway alarms in that, when I hear them, I can pick up the phone and see if and what just drove down my driveway without peering through that window