Motion Sensitivity picking up pets when set for People Only

@Mannyshere14 wrote:

@Mannyshere14 wrote:

@Mannyshere14 wrote:

@justanewbie wrote:

No change - being driven mad by alerts from cats and car lights reflecting on a wet driveway - this is on the lowest sensitivity setting.

Selecting ‘People Only’ mode sometimes limits the number of cat alerts but also misses important alerts that I do want such as cars.

If only there was a cars and people only mode!

People Only mode never really did much to resolve the false detections for me… it just picked up everything and sometimes missed detecting “People”

The sun is shining today and its perfect sun shadow weather :laughing: So the front drive camera is on the lowest motion sensitivity mode - with people mode off - lets see what happens :flushed:

Update

Ok well i am deflated… i thought there would be an improvement but nope the people shadows strike again, also had a magpie trigger a motion alert. The thing is the sun isnt directly hitting the Camera so its not even like its glare from the sun at all.

I am going to give it a few more days and see what happens - i will update Support on this also.

I spoke to support and they contacted a “Lead” and the “Advanced Team” - They remotley accessed and “rolled back the firmware” (If you recall i reported on here that i was told a firmware update broke the motion detection and they issued a firmware update to roll it back, well my cameras never did). I then gave them 24hrs access to some of my camera feeds for observations to see if this rollback worked.

Its been a few hours now and i have not had any false alerts so far on any of the cameras :neutral_face: It is still light here and will await to see what the night holds for them.

They have asked me to update them via email after 24hrs (but we all agreed 24hrs was not enough time to judge anything) - depending on the update they may try another 24hrs with “people only” mode turned off.

I kinda think its working now, but i then keep reminded myself its going to play up again. But i am willing to give it go #faith and hopefully have a better update in a few days :stuck_out_tongue:

Update

Ok so compared to the high number of false alerts i usually get from all the camera’s…

Garage Cam - no false alerts recordings (i have notifications off anyway) - not even picked up the smoke coming fron the boiler flu which it usally does

Garden Cam - No false alert recordings (i have notifications off anyway) - Unless the rodents and birds have gone on into hibernation.

Drive Cam - Had 1 false alert (i have notifications on) - it seems it was the lights from a car that came from the side not directly onto the camera - This cam usually gives off the most false alerts so this is major progress.

One thing i did notice though that there was a longer delay in getting motion notifications then usual - sometimes upto 2 mins after the event - this didnt happen before so will keep an eye on this and provide updates to Support.

So from the looks of things as they are whatever RING did seems to have fixed the false alerts…? :stuck_out_tongue: But understand I am still in the testing phase and i need to provide them with an update on progress still.