Motion Sensitivity picking up pets when set for People Only

@justanewbie wrote:

@Mannyshere14

I am in the UK and having the same issues with 3 x Floodlight cams.

I have a ‘regular’ wired CCTV system recording 24/7 but I wanted something to give me instant alerts to catch illegal parking and dumping of rubbish.

Previously, the cams worked reasonably well but now with sensitivity turned right down (but not on ‘People Only’ mode as I need to catch vehicles too) all day and night the cameras catch cats and/or reflections of car headlights from the driveway.

I don’t know if other brands have more advanced detection?

Hey i feel for you, your not alone - last few days have drove me crazy as we have had some sunshine which makes matters worse with people shadows regardless of settings. I have had car lights setting them off even when no where near the motion zones but because the lights flash on to the motion zone it sets it off. The rat was back also had some pigeons! luckly i have turned motion alerts off during the night now to get some sleep.

But when i am out i have to turn my phone on silent because otherwise the cameras keep belling off my phone all the time.

I am due to follow up with RING again tomorrow sfor an update as i have not had any update on my refund.

What i will do is test other cameras out at somepoint and i mean test them out proper, and if they are just as bad then they will be going straight back before the grace period expires.