Motion Sensitivity picking up pets when set for People Only

@Mannyshere14 wrote:

@Mannyshere14 wrote:

Update - Replacement Cameras

I cant comment on the motion detection yet as its only been a few hours since i put them up! I got a bit worried as when i was going through the set up process i could see the firmware version and thought it would not update… 2 of the cams vocally said they were updating the software and then updated (so i think they did) they do say “Up to Date”. 1 of them didnt vocally tell me and having checked it does say “Up to Date”. I called Support and they said they were all up to date - but they could not tell me a version number.

The version number i did manage to see was - 1.16.00265

I will update on how the motion alerts go.

Well well well!!! guess what happened at 05.26am this morning… a stray cat alert!!! on 1 of the cameras (drive way) - this camera usually picked up all the strays, shadows and paper bags! the garage cam hasnt picked up anything unusual yet… the garden cam failed to detect 1 human motion but nothing unusual yet.

I am going to give it a few more days just in case it needs to settle in :laughing:

So i decided to speak to Chat and they wanted to access my videos again to go through some trouble shooting - i refused and said that it wont resolve the issue and that i am not going to have my time wasted to then be told it needs to be escalated again - he then went on a strop - i told him to read my previous notes and he will see all the trouble shooting has already happend and that the advanced technical team has already confirmed there is a firmware issue so him accessing my videos was not going to fix it! he proceeded to say that i am just out of my 30 days refund period - i advised him firstly i reported the issues well within the 30 day period, secondly that i am still protected by law as far as defective goods are concerned so his 30 day refund period does not apply - also that i still have a right to take out civil action against RING for damages to inculde distress caused and out of pocket costs and i can do all this online.

They could not remotley roll back the firmware and asked me to reset the devices again (i had already done this) - he then said he had “cleared my line” and try is again (not sure what line he cleared) - i refused to get up the ladders and reset again on 3 camereas - Obvisouly i refused another set of replacements as i am not here to dismantle and install cameras and then pack and post them all my life! His next step was to raise a request to the technical teams (solution - which i know they wont have one as the firmware is broke) and to logistics (for a refund).

TBC