Motion Sensitivity picking up pets when set for People Only

@DavidAugust wrote:
Have you tried deleting the zone, uninstalling the app on your phone, per cycle the phone, reinstalling the app and then recreating the zone? It sounds weird but it has helped in the past…

You can also just let the device record without notifications, that way if something does happen it’s on video… You can periodically go back and view the video (I do this for the camera I have above my garage door that captures activity in my drive but also captures activity in the alley too)

I have personally tried eveyrthing there is to try, resetting my phone, deleting app several times, resetting the cameras and even upgrading my network!

Well truning off notifications defeats the whole object to be honest, i want to know if someone is approaching before they get in the house especially if i am in their! during the daytime i can cope with and even when i am not home. Plus will mean i turn all the notification soff on the smart devices also. During the night my phones on silient so it is not the culprit in waking me up its the smart devices notifying me of the alerts.

Last night just when i fell asleep i was alerted to a motion… blasted stray cat! i catch more non humans than humans themselves during the night (last couple of weeks it failed to detect human motion in the early hours of the morning) only noticed when checking the snapshots the lights came on but not recording or detection. So frankly these devices are useless in thier current state.