Motion Sensitivity picking up pets when set for People Only

I wouldn’t mind if they would take a look at some of my videos to diagnose what’s going on. It’s an indoor wired camera where I’ve set the motion zones to only where they would need to be to pick up possible intruders wandering around, and although it keeps being suggested that reflective surfaces might cause problems, I just don’t think I have anything like that causing any problems. I have lots and lots and lots of video footage, several every single day, of my 10 pound cat walking across the floor, coming out from under a table, or climbing his cat tree. Occasionally one is completely baffling – like when he just cuts across a room’s corner where there isn’t a great deal of motion and not a very large portion of the motion zone changing. People mode is on, and it’s surprising how often he appears to be a person to the camera’s software. The back yard, on the other hand, a floodlight cam, seems to have improved inexplicably in no longer recording the dog next door since I tightened up the zones. He still kicks on the light, but not the camera. There appear to be different sensing rules for just the light than for the camera. I still wish he wouldn’t keep tripping the light, but I’m OK with that as long as I don’t have a long collection of dog videos too.