cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Schedule Not Working - still receive motion notifications

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Motion Schedule Not Working - still receive motion notifications

Hello - I just set up one indoor and one outdoor camera.  I have these set up at a business which operates from 6am-6pm.  I set up a schedule for both cameras in the motion schedule calendard from 6am-6pm so I will record video, but not get notifications all day.  For both cameras I continue to get motion notifications.

I have deleted the schedules and added them back, tried different schedule times and days, reset the app, reset my phone, reset the cameras but nothing will work to disable the notifications. 

Is there a current bug with the motion schedule system?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Motion Schedule Not Working - still receive motion notifications

Hey @JWoody. First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to walk through those initial troubleshooting steps and letting us know how they worked for you. Are you on an Android phone? If so, I'd recommend checking if you have any Android apps that are known to conflict with the Ring App here. Any of these conflicting apps could impact how the notifications should function when you're on the Motion Schedule.

If that didn't work, or if you have an iOS device, you'll want to reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look at what may be going on. You can reach our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to keep us updated on what our support team says if you reach out, as it may help other neighbors with similar concerns! Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Motion Schedule Not Working - still receive motion notifications

Not helpful Caitlyn.