Motion Detection on Floodlight Cam

People only mode on my floodlight cam doesn’t seem to be working properly, It notifies me for every motion it picks up. My other cameras tell me if a person has been detected in the notification, The floodlight cam does not, when it picks a person up the notification just says ‘Motion Detected’. I understand that people only mode is not 100% accurate but my other cameras work a lot better than this. This is really annoying at 4am when my neighbours cat comes into my garden and the floodlight cam goes of but the spotlight cam doesn’t. Does any body have any suggestions?

MickD

Hey @MickD. Considering that you do not have this concern with your other devices, I think it would be a great idea to follow up directly with our support team on this concern. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with my floodlight cam but do not have any other cameras by way of testing whether the cam has a problem.

It goes on and off all night every time a cat walks on to the patio and we have several cats in the area. It’s driving me mad!

Did you ever get this sorted and if so, what did you do?

Did this issue ever get solved, my floodlight camera pro turns the lights on/off all night long regardless of sensitivity settings, neighbours are getting stroppy so Ive had to set a schedule to keep the lights off all night…kind of stupid given its a “floodlight” camera.
Anyone able to help?

Jonskcollob
This is a “Feature” introduced in new firmware to make the floodlight cameras totaly useless.
PIR and PIR settings no longer work, and the floodlights are activated by the camera detection zones.
I have same issue as you, and have had to turn OFF the floodlights permanently, and install some PIR activated floodlights from another company.
I have been advised that as the item is no longer “as sold” Ring are liable to re-instate the original function, or give a full refund. This is not a fault or a bug, but a deliberate change in the function of the Spotlights which I never agreed to.

Hey, neighbors. Changes were made to the way the lights trigger on the Floodlight Cam so that they will come on with every motion event. This is to help prevent missed events for the lights and to ensure there is proper lighting for your video. We appreciate your feedback in regards to this and will ensure it is shared with our teams here. You can learn more about the expected behavior of your lights with your Floodlight Cam in our Help Center article here , which has been updated to reflect this change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

MickD / Lulu1 / Jonskcollob…it seems like our issue with CATS has no fix…currently !! The floodlight cams have been on the market four plus years. More people have to come forward with this problem…we cannot be the only users of the floodlight cam that have encountered this problem !! Nothing said…nothing heard !! Regarding the light settings I stumbled across something that may help your situation. In your device select “device settings”, then select “light settings” , then select “motion zones for lights”. The houie you find about 3 90 degree zones is VERY confusing to the point of rendering the information useless, in my opinion. You can tap any of the three zones to disable that motion zone. In my case the left zone picks up all traffic on a busy side street and lights up our guest room, so I disabled it. I hope I will have a favorable result tonight ! ! This might help your situation.

I’m having this exact same issue. I just got a new floodlight camera installed and it was driving me crazy because the light was constantly turning on. It took a while of messing around with the settings to discover that the light motion settings are completely separate to the camera motion settings. I’ve had no choice but to disable the light completely. What a total waste of money. I’m not happy with Ring’s response that they changed this intentionally for our benefit. Why not just give the option of having the lights and camera be activated together if that’s what the user would prefer?