Motion Alerts no recording

I have two spotlight cams and one video doorbell pro. Since yesterday evening I’ve been getting motion alerts but no recordings on all devices. Live view works. Health is fine. No internet issues. I don’t have time to wait 25 minutes to chat or on the phone forever for support.

I’m seeing a similar issue with my cameras (four spotlight cams, and one original doorbell) and I’m starting to think this is a server side issue. Until about 5 minutes ago, I could see motion alerts, but could not access my videos, and then videos from around 7:00-7:15am CDT started popping up on my feed.

Sorry you’re having the issue, but glad it’s not just me. I’m still having the issue.

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t just seem to be me and you- It’s a widespread issue, and thankfully, they’ve been working on it for a while.

According to the status page, as of 13:06 UTC (Or about 8:06am CDT), Ring has identified the issue in video processing, and is working to impliment a fix.

You can follow the ticket at https://status.ring.com/

Starting 12th September, some of my Stick Up Cam recordings show in the history on the Ring App but will not play when clicked. When I click on them in the web portal, I get “There was an error retrieving this video. Please try again later.” Live video is fine - it records and can be played back straight away.

I have contacted Ring Support who just say they will escalate the issue, then I hear nothing further.

Setup:

Ring Stick Up Cam (Wired) connected over PoE to router using PoE injector

Ring Doorbell 2 (Wired to mains) connected via Wireless

I have never had this issue with the Doorbell in over 12 months of active use. Are there known issues with the Ring servers at the moment?

Thanks

Andy

Hey @Labrajaws! I’ve moved your post over to this thread, so that any neighbors with the same concern can see this information in one place. Our team has been working diligently on this matter, and it should be resolved at this time.

This is happening to me as well. Any idea where I can report it? Are they able to retreive those videos? I need it for security.

1 Like

Hey @kjschiff! This thread looks to be regarding a concern from September but has since been resolved. If you are experiencing something similar, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if anything improves. If not, please reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting.