Motion Alert Tone no longer working

Hi Chelsea

I have attached the screen shots which you have requested (I discovered that only 2 screenshots can be sent in a single reply and so I will try later to send further replies).

Please note that they come from different headings from the ones that you describe:

• for Alert Settings I selected Notification Settings

• for App Alert Tones I selected App Notification Tones

• for Motions I selected Sounds.

If these selections are incorrect please let me know.

There are two photos of Ring>Notifications, to show all the settings. You’ll notice on the ‘Front’ camera the volume has been increased to its maximum, but that has not resolved the problem that audible App Notification Tones are not occurring on the iPhone. (However, they are audible when I choose an alert tone from within Settings).

I hope that you can find a solution within my settings. The alternative which you mention initially, troubles me. I am using an iPhone 5s. However, this uses iOS 12.4.8 and as you will see from the additional screenshots, the Ring App still states, a) that my phone is compatible with the app, and b) that iOS 10. 0 or later is required. Clearly, when I recently purchased 3 security cameras and paid to have them installed, it was on the basis that the software was compatible with my iPhone. Indeed, even today I would make the same decision based on the information published on the Ring App in the Apple Store.

Therefore, it is not reasonable or acceptable for Ring to tell me that I need a new iPhone. If a necessary change of settings on my iPhone or within the Ring App cannot be identified then perhaps Ring will promptly adjust the software in its App to enable it to work fully with iOS 10.0 or later, as is intended for customers.

I do hope that you will find a solution so that I can again get audible notifications on my iPhone.

Thanks.