Morion alerts for areas not in motion zones

We’re receiving motion alerts on our flood light security lights for areas that are not in the motion zones. I’ve tried deleting all of the zones and adding new zones but we’re continuing to receive alerts outside of the zone. I also changed the sensitivity but no luck.

Hey @bdavis12123. Could you show us a video example of what this looks like, in comparison to a screenshot of how you have your Motion Zones set up? In addition, please let me know where you Motion Sensitivity is at, as well as if you have People Only mode on. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

Attached is a picture of the video teiggered by the mailman (it wouldnt let me upload the actual video) & the motion zone setting. Motion sensitive is set to “less motion”. I dont have “people only” selected.

You can see in the video pic the mailman is not near my motion zone.

Thanks for your help.

@bdavis12123 Thank you so much for getting back to me and attaching these pictures to reference, I appreciate it greatly. I’ve noticed that neighbors whom has just one large motion zone may still get occasional alerts from outside of this zone. If possible, could you break up the one big zone into 3 smaller zones? You can have it cover the same area, but once broken up, this should help eliminate these false motion recordings! Feel free to motion it over some time and let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I updated it to 3 zones (left, center, right) and it’s still capturing motion outside of the zones. Is this a defect with the camera?

Also, I read there is a setting for motion frequency, however, I’m not seeing this option in my app. Is it still available?

@bdavis12123 Thanks for giving that a try! Since it was to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. For the Motion Frequency, this is an option for only battery operated devices at this time, so this is why you don’t see this option for your device. Let me know how the call with support goes! :slight_smile: