Modes recording and alerts

It would be nice if in home mode I could keep recording but turn off alerts and when I go to away mode it keeps recording but turns on alerts. Allowing mode to set recording and alerts independently on the device. Thanks

1 Like

@Mickey2 wrote:

It would be nice if in home mode I could keep recording but turn off alerts and when I go to away mode it keeps recording but turns on alerts. Allowing mode to set recording and alerts independently on the device. Thanks

Hello @Mickey2 ,

That sounds like a cool idea. But currently both the 'pushed text-typed Notifications and App Alert-Tone sounds are pretty much either “Always ON” or “Always OFF.” It would be nice to have your suggested control using all 3 of the Alarm Modes (Disarm, Home, & Away). These alarm mode do currently have control over camera’s behavior as to when to record or do not record. So now it would cool to additionally modify the behavior of the Notifications & Alerts.

You should post your idea where the Ring Teams will most likely see requested features, in the “Feature Request Board”, where us other Ring Neighbors can view. If others think it is a good feature that we would like to see made available one day, we can vote by giving your idea a “Thumbs Up” Kudo vote. The more votes you get, the more likely the Ring Teams will notice, consider, and potentially try to incorporate your idea. Just be sure to not duplicate other Ring Neighbors ideas. If you do find your idea already there, and you like that idea, then add your “Thumbs Up” vote and help to make this feature a reality!

:slight_smile:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/idb-p/Feature_Request_Board

1 Like