Modes are not working in Ring app

Hi Guys,

Trust you all are well and safe!

Modes (Disarmed, Home and Away) are not working from this morning. Even after disabling mode still I am getting motion notifications. Moreover, I am also getting attached error message when switching between the modes.

I have done basic troubleshooting steps like sign out and sign in back, delete and re-install Ring app but no difference.

Anyone else is having this kind of issue or just me?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Seeing the same issues today (11/25). Started not working mid-afternoon.

Same here. Using the Ring app on an iPhone and it stopped changing modes today (11/25).

It appears to change mode but I don’t get the confirmation notification most of the time. Sometimes I get a failed to change modes message. Sometimes I don’t.

Oh ok, so you are having the same issue. I also had a chat with Ring support team member and he confirmed that it is issue from their end and engineers are working on it but no ETA unfortunately.

Hi neighbors. Ring was experiencing an outage recently. Please note that the issues within the app and the website would have been affecting this feature, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring devices and how they were behaving previously, I recommend giving our support team a call so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.