Modes Update Concern

I don’t think anyone … certainly not myself … is expecting Ring to automatically turn the POWER of its cameras on/off based upon the selected “mode”. What we are asking for is for Ring to automatically turn MOTION RECORDING on/off based upon the selected “mode”. And to NOT just disable notifications while continuing to record whenever someone walks into a room in the privacy of their own home. Now I have yet to see this feature despite Ring saying it would be available in Nov. 2019 … so I don’t know how it is actually going to work for myself. But the OP has indicated that it’s simply disabling notifications while surreptiously continuing to do motion recording in the background. And that’s a major privacy issue and simply not what we expect out of this feature.

That being said … if one is the type of person who puts tape over the webcam on their laptop then an indoor security camera is simply not the product for you. From Ring or any other company. For those of us who aren’t taking it to those levels we simply want to have complete and automated control over the MOTION RECORDING functionality of these devices.

2 Likes