Mode settings

My iPad will no longer load the dashboard correctly. The Modes do not always appear and when they do they don’t respond. The iPad is using Ring software 5.27.2

My iPhone does load the dashboard correctly but is using software 5.27.1

is there a known bug in the latest s/w version?

@Jeremy39 wrote:

My iPad will no longer load the dashboard correctly. The Modes do not always appear and when they do they don’t respond. The iPad is using Ring software 5.27.2

My iPhone does load the dashboard correctly but is using software 5.27.1

is there a known bug in the latest s/w version?

Nope mines fine. Sign out the app, delete the app then reload. Try that

It Thanks

Tried signing out , deleting and reloading the App. Got a message “Ring App has temporary connection issue” which I closed.

Dashboard loaded correctly and Mode options seem to function ok the first time I tried changing them but the second time I got the Mode change failed message.

Used my iPhone to change the Mode and have since tried a number of times on both the iPhone and iPad and they now seem to to be working ok.

Updated

The problem seems to be random. I have just reopened the App and again got the Mode change failed message when I tried to change the setting. I repeatedly tried change the Mode (on the iPad only) and eventually it responded.

Updated 2

Having been away for sometime I tried to change the Mode but agai got the failure message. I closed the App, reopened and got the “We couldn’t load your Ring Dashboard” error message. Tried changing the Mode via the iPhone (worked) but still cannot get the iPad App to load the Dashboard. Other functionality seems work ok. There is still obviously a problem.