Microphone was used?

Ive had my spotlight cam for a couple of years and I love it. This morning I got a notification that my Ring Microphone was used for 19 minutes lastnight. I’ve never seen a mic notification before and that is very unsettling. Has anyone else gotten a notification like that?

@JDanielle wrote:
Ive had my spotlight cam for a couple of years and I love it. This morning I got a notification that my Ring Microphone was used for 19 minutes lastnight. I’ve never seen a mic notification before and that is very unsettling. Has anyone else gotten a notification like that?

Never seen that notification. Are you sure it was from your camera ?

UPDATE: I was able to pull up a notification log, and this is what I found…(screenshot attachment)

Yes, I am sure it was from my Ring app on my android. When I clicked on the notification, it took me to app permission settings, where I noticed 19 minute and (some seconds) recording after I went to sleep. In this “log” that I could see, there was a setting to clear the history.

Hey @JDanielle. Thanks for coming to the Community to highlight this. Does this Android notification tell you at what time stamps the Ring app was using the microphone? I was trying to read and understand the log that you had attached in the picture, and it seems like it is giving you a notice that the Ring app was using the microphone on the 29th, but this could have been from other times that you were using the Ring app throughout the day on the 29th, or maybe this is a report of the certain time frame.

I’m trying to grasp more of an understanding of where you got the information that it was being used for 19 minutes and some seconds, and if it was continuous or a total of time. Do you by any chance have more information to show on that? In addition, what is the make and model of your phone, and the OS version you’re running it on? :slight_smile: