cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam??

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam??

Bought wired stickup camera today. Installed and updated firmware. Same issues. No live view. Critically low battery warning.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

We had our wired stick up cam for while now as just like the others on this thread, for the last two weeks it's going offline and reporting critical low battery. Having to pull the power to restart it weekly, getting very annoying. Following this thread like a hawk to see if Ring fixes this..... 'unfit for purpose comes to mind' especially as we are paying a subscription for this product to keep us secure....
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Still nothing. I have not had a working camera since I installed it. Being over a week, (8) pages of complaints, numerous calls, and still no solution or even someone call me back, I went to the BBB. I hated to do it, but maybe if enough of us do it, we will hear something back. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’ve been calling these people with hold times of 40 mins and no one seems to know anything about the problem. The idiots keep telling me I’m making a mistake that it’s a battery cam and not a wired one. WTF. I mounted my entire system myself. I can’t believe such an advanced system as ring has such “lack of knowledge” professional customer service. Especially with the amount of people that are having the same problem.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have bought 3 camera last week and the same problem on all new camera. States all undated with latest wire wall and updates
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue two new WIRED cams! Ring this is ridiculous. Please fix now, how can you let this go on for over a month from the first post? *removed other comments of frustration*
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring team: please respond to the group. This is unacceptable customer service being that you have already responded once to this thread.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My stickup camera plug-in was fine until I deleted anb old (first gen) stickup cam battery that had a solar panel.   Then my sitckup cam plugin immediatelyh showed a red battery icon on the dashboard and 0% battery on device health.   And it says it's plugged in.   It seems to be working fine.   It's now been a week and nothing has cleared the problem.   It's quite irritating.   It's kind of like crying wolf but it doesn't really mean it  -- eventually I'll filter it out,  I guess, and then something bad will happen.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

So....I bought a battery to add to my plug-in camera, thinking that it wouldn't be bad to have a backup for hurricanes.  Plugged it in, and still get the "Critically Low Battery" warning.  "Very Poor" power status.  Fails to capture motion.  No snapshot.  Connection errors when trying Live View.  No customizable motion zones, but on/off zones are available (I need customizable motion zones because this faces a street).   All other Ring cameras in my system are working correctly.

And so I decided to delete and reinstall the device as a battery powered camera. No more errors.  "Very Good" power status.  STILL: Fails to any capture motion at all.  No snapshot.   No customizable motion zones or on/off zones.  This camera is failing terribly, currently is completely worthless, and no comments or action from Ring Support.  There are a lot of frustrated people here now!  It's got one week before it goes back and I reevaluate switching to another security camera manufacturer. C'mon Amazon! Pull it together!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having same problem.  Just posting to see if my "vote" for a fix helps with the Ring folks.