cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam??

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam??

I have the same issue. Started a few weeks ago. I do not have a battery in the wired stick up cam. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Live View access is intermittent. When they do connect it takes up to a minute, but I can see motion alert recordings and snapshot capture.

Both of my wired cameras say "Critically Low Battery"

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have called several times and have not received an answer for it. I was told by Ring that it was put on the priority list. 

I installed the camera on 04/25 and it worked for ten minutes. The picture is still stuck from 04/25, I have no access to any featues on it, and it reads "Critically Low Battery" even though it is a plug-in. 

I also sent (2) screenshots as was requested by Ring. I asked every time I called for someone to review this forum to see all the people that have been having this issue. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any update on this issue? I’m experiencing the same problem. I went to exchange it to My local BestBuy today and the new one is having the same issues. The stick up cam connects the first minute and stop working afterwards. I found i have to reset the wifi connection effectively having to completely reset the device in order to get it to work, but falls back on the same disconnection issue. This is a plug-in but the app warns of a “critical low battery”, this doesn’t make sense.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Two new plugged in stickup cams on 4/23. Both had the low battery warning from install and per this thread and response, I didn’t worry about it, even though it is clearly not supposed to work that way. Now one has gone offline - please see attached.

What is the solution @Ring team? This is an issue that needs resolution please. Thanks!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please see my message below, Marley. This is now forcing cameras to go offline.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My plug in stick up cameras still support live viewing and are recording activty while showing the low battery icon as of now.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I installed 3 new  plug-in stick up cams yesterday, and all 3 show as critically low battery.  They seem to work normally otherwise, but it's kind of annoying to see the low battery icon all the time.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This first started 03.31.20 and has been happening again now for several days .  Ring quality has gone downhill fast in the last 4 months.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It's not just the wired Stick Up Cameras. The same issue is happening on my battery stick up. My batteries have been fully charged and I have replaced them a number of times. Same issue remains.

I have reset the device. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still a warning and still no love view via the Ring app and Rapid Ring. However, Alexa allows live view upon request.

I think it's an app bug that needs a patch. I don't like paying for a subscription and things don't work the way they should. I'd like to see what's going on wherever I am via my phone.