cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam??

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Wired stickup cam alerts battery is dead

So i have a ring stickup indoor/outdoor wired security camera, model 8SW1S9-WEN0 i bought in december, its been working fine until recently (im not sure when it started), the ring app keeps showing me it has critical low battery but then it is wired and plugged into an outlet and has no battery in it. When i go to the device setting for it on the app, the battery icon is full and green but when i click on it, it tells me the battery is dead and device is offline, but really its still working as its plugged in still.

Why is the app giving me wrong battery status and will it cause an issue once i set this camera to be armed when im on away mode?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam??

aside from the low battery message on these wired stick ups, anyone else noticed that there are no toggle options in their video settings for the colored night vision mode? Seems like the wired cams are being recognized as battery powered only.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Good catch ....

Didn't even notice that ....

Most discouraging and disappointing that Ring is having such trouble responding to and fixing a major breakdown in one of their main products ....
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I recieved my Camera yesterday, installed and same issue, it's annoying to see the Critically Low Battery alert al lthe time in highlited RED! checked all the items you mentioned all are ok still alert is there, thanks

Highlighted
New Neighbor

If I have to keep getting my ladder out to unplug and replug my WIRED Stick Up Cam just to rid it of the "Critically Low Battery" warning.....I'm returning it. This has taken way too long for RING to fix. My First Generation Ring Stick Up Cam has never had ANY issues....these newer models are just crap.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Wired Stick Up Cam showing as critically low battery

My stick up cam is wired and is mostly operating correctly, except that it shows as critically low battery (there of course is no battery) and it also only records for 30 seconds like it is on battery power. I have re-installed it three times and always as Wired, never as battery, and it still does this each time. I've also tried multiple electrical outlets but it does the same each time. Any ideas ?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Also I see some people have mentioned something similar so I just wanted to mention my $100 plug-in camera does not have a snapshots or motion zones feature which is ridiculous considering my $60 indoor cam also made by ring can do that. Not sure if this is also due to this issue or if it’s just they wanted to make these more expensive devices less useful for the fun of it...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Wired Ring Stick Up Cam 2019 3rd Gen  (no battery)

Here is what i see on my  app when I touch the battery icon in the app: "The battery ran out of power. This device is now offline. To restore service, charge its battery ".  Okay, I am able to use the camera to do live view and see all of the recordings so its clearly NOT offline. I have called them twice on this. They had me go through another full setup and that didn't fix anything. I have tried the reset on my own twice which proved to be a waste of time. They said they would report it to their supervisor. Getting battery errors on a camera that shipped as a wired camera with NO battery is absurd. Clearly RING didn't test these cameras after their software updates.  They have been dead silent on any fixes......

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m considering returning my 3rd gen wired stick up cams. I have 2.
Considering the blink cameras £100 each
Absolutely fed up of no fix, hardly any motion detection now! Wtf....
Always up and down ladder resetting. Still not fit for purpose!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring are you going to sort this problem or do you think it’s ok to keep ignoring it ? I have reset my camera twice so far. I won’t be doing it again either sort it out or this camera is going back 😡