Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

Hi @shbrown123. Thank you for your input. I’d recommend putting these suggestions in our Feature Request Board. This is where your ideas are put in front of the teams that could make this happen! Our warranty information can be found here. If you have anymore concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Brand new wired camera, just downloaded the app and showing the same problem. Camera worked for 5 minutes. Very frustrating as I see this has been an ongoing issue. Two more cameras on the way, returning all three

I had the same Lo battery problem with a hardwired cam. I switched it back to battery mode but left it hardwired and it solved the problem.

I have this issue, and unable to resolve it. I called customer support said it was a known issue, and that there is nothing they can do. I pay for the Protect plan aren’t they obligating to exchange the camera for a new unit?

Just purchased a Ring Wired Stick Up Cam.

Experiencing this exact issue. Live Cam mode unavailable because of low battery. It’s plugged in and apparently still operating as it detects motion when that feature is enabled.

Completely baffling this issue is near 9 months old yet there’s no resolution. Considering returning the product tomorrow and buying a competitor.

This is unacceptable.

I was receiving the same warning, but I haven’t in a few months now.

In the ‘Device Health’ confirm Power Source = ‘Electric Socket’ and your firmware is up to date.

My power source says “Battery” but the firmware is up to date.

I installed. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Problem still persists.

The fact this problem still exists after 9 months is telling. I’m returning this product today.

They are NOT working properly. We cannot view live view. This is ridiculous

1 Like

Hi @TiffanyC4! Are you receiving a low battery notice on your Stick Up Cam? If so, please charge the battery if this is your primary method of powering. If the plug-in adapter does not seem to be providing power, try another outlet in the home. Once your Camera has sufficient power, the next best step is to check your wifi connection, to ensure that live view can work. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step as well. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I started having this issue for the past 2 days. I have a battery stick up cam that is Powered using solar panel which stopped showing that it’s getting power from solar panel. Now i bought the plug in stick up cam and that says it’s battery powered under device health. Because of this snapshot feature just tuned off. Live view is not always working. Motion detection is crappy. Wondering if i should return all these cameras and switch to nest. Really disappointed as called customer support twice with no help.

My camera is a plug in camera and it is getting power from the plug. This is an issue with the product. I researched and people have been having this issue for over 2 years with this camera and that is unacceptable. I fixed my issue by spending more money to buy a battery to stick in there. I didn’t even charge it. It just wanted a battery in it. It is still running on plug in power and I have never charged the battery. Please start providing a battery in the wired cameras since obviously it wants one in there to operate. I spent the extra money on the plug in camera only to have to buy a battery anyway. It works fine now, no thanks to anything customer service did.

1 Like

Hi!! I got sick of dealing with customer service and I decided to purchase a battery and see if that helped. I didn’t even charge the battery, I just stuck it in the camera and it started working! It sucks spending another $30, but it worked.

1 Like

Wierd how my low battery alert came on and Im hardwired. THis seems to be a trend here

1 Like

I am having the same issues. Three phone calls to Ring Customer Service and still no resolution. Each time they act like they have never heard of this problem before.

My camera was just installed in January, wired stick up camera inside the house. I am also getting the critically low battery level alert and it wont let me live view but the stupid thing records motion and gives motion alerts. Called Ring customer service and she troubleshooted it, basically had me remove the device which I had already tried and add it back in and then delete the Ring app and reinstall it. Neither of those worked. Then she tells me, she is very sorry that is the only troubleshooting methods she has available to her and she has written up a ticket and has sent it on to the Ring Team. I thought that was who I was talking to!!! So now what they have a sourced out their calls to a 3rd party company hired to troubleshoot for the customers and if they cant rectify the issue, your SOL until an actual ring technician can troubleshoot it and get back to you. If I had known that when I was buying all the Ring equipment I bought and paid for annual monitoring service that customer service is this archaic, I would have went with a security company that you can reach an actually reach an actual tech from that company to help you. She tells me it could be up to 3 days before I hear from someone on this and she hates to leave me without my security camera but to watch for an email. Seriously!!! Not good customer service so far, not impressive!

1 Like

Having same problem stickup cam says battery is critically low live view is disabled. Problem is the battery is fully charged when installed in my other cameras so what gives?

I have the same issue here. A wired is indicating that the battery is low. Live functionality is disabled- not pleased at all.
Grtz. Joop

Same problem, just started today. “Live View is disabled because CameraName has a low battery”.

Stickup Cam gen 3, hardwired, no battery, been working fine for nearly a year. Camera is working fine otherwise - detects and records motion, and I can even force it into showing me a live view if I click on the motion alert. So it’s not a hardware issue - it’s a software issue on Amazon’s end.

My wired camera just gave me the same error message today as well. What is going on? The rep on the phone continued to tell me to charge my battery. I had to hang up on him!

Same issues today with stickup camera and door bell. Both are hard wired and show that they are on battery.