Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

I just replaced all my Amazon Cameras with RIng Cameras. I have 10 of them.

I have the same problem with the outdoor camera. I cant connect to it now. I have reset it 3 times. Is there any solution?

I only swapped 5 of the cameras so far. Also there is no live multi camera view? Wow! I thout this system was supposed to be wonderful! What the heck!?

1 Like

Same problem here on two new Stick Up Cam Plug In.

Do not have batteries available

1 Like

We just bought 2 Stick Up Plug In cams. Both of them work, but they both exhibit two issues (so far):

1. The Live View button is a light blue color, instead of the normal blue color. When you tap on the Live View button, an error message pops up saying, " Low Battery Please charge your device to enable Live View."
  2. We get no motion notifications when Motion Verification is turned on. Once we turn it off, we get notifications without any issue.

The cams show the firmware is Up to Date, and they show Power Outlet as their Power Source.

1 Like

THERE IS NO FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM COMING FROM RING APPARENTLY TO DATE 05/22/20, and they are being very irresponsible in the manner they are handling this issue…MY CAMERA IS BEING AFFECTED BY THIS SAME ISSUE AS OTHERS HERE, MINE TO THE POINT IT WILL NOT GIVE ME LIVE CAMERAS VIEWS DURING CRITICAL TIMES, SUCH AS WHEN I’M RECEIVING A WARNING I HAVE MOTION, BUT I CAN’T VERIFY IT, BECAUSE MY CAMERAS WILL NOT GO LIVE, BECAUSE THE BATTERY (THATS NOT THERE) NEEDS TO BE CHARGED!!! BUT OOPS WAIT I DON’T HAVE A BATTERY. Times like this defeats the reason I purchased these 4 cameras. Three of my cameras are plugged into 115ac and they all have this same issue and the configuration is correct on all of them… One camera is battery operated and it does not have this issue. I am a High Tech R&D person…in a high tech business and I say it again I have verified all Input settings and they all are correct, according to your instructions. I heavily suspect this is a software issue, unless the hardware doesn’t have the ability to do what’s being ask of it by your software. I know you are probably more than aware of this fact yourself. Because you know this, It’s very important that you handle your customers complaints in a professional manner. If you know it’s a software Or hardware issue, Make a Statement to customers that you are working on a solution to correct this particular problem now. This issue is NOT going to be resolved by some magic solution your customers come up with by their efforts, because they do not have the ability to repair your hardware or software, unless they show up on your property and start reprogramming your software, Or redesigning your hardware…they don’t have the ability to resolve these issues…These issues Can’t Be Resolve THRU A Forum… because it’s not a configuration issue And You Know it…This is Not Magic… Show some respect to your customers by telling the truth about what’s going on, they’ll respect you more and have more patients with you, if you do…Stop the Flim Flam BS…Be Honest with your customers…

5 Likes

Anyone who purchased defective Ring cameras recently enough to be within the retailers’ return merchandise window should SEND THEM BACK FOR A REFUND on the grounds that they are defective and don’t do what they’re designed to do. If enough victimized customers do this, reputable retailers like Amazon and most others will start sending a strong message to Ring in the form of stopping their orders and flooding them with returns. All buyers should be able to get online and leave reviews of Ring equipment accordingly. At least we can warn others… until such time as Ring steps up and does the right thing for all of us.

1 Like

Ring had a big sale on these cameras. I received mine Wednesday and it’s been plagued with this problem, and I just discovered this thread. Wow, what a disappointment.

1 Like

Absolutely ridiculous. I purchased mine last year and it worked fine all winter. Now all of a sudden I get the low battery notice that everyone is getting. My floodlight cam is having NO problems. Ring needs to fix their issues.

1 Like

Shame on Ring for knowing selling a defective product. The funny thing is three service tech’s acted like they had never heard of this. I wish I would have seen this site prior to my order. Mine is going back

1 Like

Just received one of these cameras yesterday and have the battery critically low error… it’s wired…really!

Called tech support and they acted surprised. Looks like it needs a firmware update. Was gonna buy a few more, but this ain’t gonna happen unless they get our first one fixed. Very disappointed in this Ring product and how long this issue has been going on without being fixed. This ain’t rocket science.

1 Like

It makes you wonder how many sales they are losing because of this issue!

I don’t know, but it’s time to get the word out: I just submitted the following review on AMAZON where I bought a LOT of my Ring equipment including my stick-up cam (I bought the rest directly through Ring):

I’m hoping that Ring will eventually fix this issue - in which case I’ll update my ratings and review - but it currently appears that ALL wired stick-up cams have a DEFECT that makes a “critically low battery” warnings come up on the app even though this wired device doesn’t require a battery. When this occurs, most or all other functionality quits. As having a reliable security system is essential, I bit the bullet and bought a $30 battery for my WIRED device, charged and installed it in my WIRED device and this extra investment has temporarily remedied the issue. As of this date (5-22-2020) Ring HAS NOT remedied this issue and there are 100’s of complaints out there. Save yourself the frustration and look at other systems!

I am also getting this error.

Sounds like a scam to make you buy a battery you do not need.

Why mark it solved when its not?

1 Like

Got the same problem. Stick up wired cam doesn’t work with error message “battery critically low”. Funny thing is that the solution is to plug in a battery? It doesn’t come with a battery. Are you asking me to buy one for a wired cam? That is funny.

I received mine yesterday, and had the same issues as everyone else is describing. Today, I went ahead and did the install. WOW< i thought I was going to die. I went into the attic and passed the electrical cord and out to the eaves. I was able to connect my hard wired with current. In my attic, there were several electricty outlets in different area. MY house is 4500 square feet and a single floor. So i was able to get two cameras mounted under the eaves. Then, once it was under the eaves, i went to my cell phone, with me on the ladder, i then erased both cameras. The, i replugged one in, i then did the all new “add new device”. Completed one, then I went to other side of house, and did the same thing all over again. And now they both work flawless. JUst FYI, if you program this unit in your house, then unplug it, and try to install it, once you unplugged it, it will not work, or, it may not work. SO you will have to redo the install by erasing it and adding it in again. Well, at least for me, this is what worked. Now I can see 3 cameras, my doorbell, and two surveillance camers! it is awesome

I am having the same problem with a wired indoor stick up cam showing a critically low battery and unable to use live view. In the above post, it says to check the power source check box, but I can’t find where that is. Somebody help!

I am having the same issue with my wired stick up cam. Live view is greyed out. When will ring fix this?

Power source is shown at the top of the device health page, so settings icon/device health

The low battery message has displayed since the update to allow snapshots to be taken on this camera.

It has been like this for a couple of weeks, but now will not allow live view, motion or notifications

As a wired cam at the moment it’s NO USE

I complained to Ring last week and they sent me out a new unit. Great customer service! Only trouble is… it has exactly the same issue!!! Set the new one up, easy, then it updated its software, all good so far… then straight away “critically low battery” warning. The camera now has zero functionality. I’m convinced it’s something to do with the latest software update. Many people have said (including myself) that the unit was working fine for weeks/months and now it’s stopped working.

I just got off the phone with ring… was told that engineering is aware of the issue with the plug in stick up cams and they are currently working on a solution and will be pushing out a firmware update… No timetable as of yet. All new software/hardware has glitches from time to time so ill give em a week or so I am sure they will get this fixed ASAP I would think.