Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

My cameras do the same thing and never stay connected to the internet. Not sure what I’m even paying for. They literally never work.

I reside in the UK and have the same issue.

The camera works well , even with live view however, this low battery issue persists, even though its plugged into an eletrical socket

I am having same issue

Well, … I see ring released a new version to the main app ver. "3.26.0. "

But unfortunately it does not contain any fixes for this issue that I can see. …

SU Cam Plugin still suffering from low battery issue :frowning:

Also, oddly, my stick up plug in cam thinks it’s a doorbell. In its instructions today (related to the new “no wifi” symbol which showed up this morning), it tells me to “remote the faceplace and press the reset button” - something which just is not possible on the stick up cam.

@hduggan can you please provide a screenshot?

Sure - here it is

Dude, (or Dudette) this does not solve the problem. Where does it actually says what the fix is. so you cant say its the solution. how can removing the battery form a device that does not have a battery be what to do?

I have the same issue. 4 new stick up plug in cams that keep saying low battery. think you need to sort your firmware out neighbor!

To confirm. the issue is a stick up cam wired . that is wired to the mains electricity, that does not have a battery in it.

No, you don’t need a battery. The cameras are defective, they do not work as should. I am disabled and had to have them installed, told reset them which you have to do on the cameras which are high up. Tried that still don’t work, they are not fit for purpose, return them.

So, I have a work-around that makes mine work - I just can’t use it plugged in.

I forced a setup (BTW, this is nowhere I can find - the only link shows how to do it on an earlier version - but, when that earlier version mentioned that an orange button was involved, I found the orange button on my device and pressed it to reset).

After that, I tried a regular setup, but ended up in the same placed. Then I did it again, and this time selected a battery power source (since my cam can do both). This worked and it now is operating correctly. The bad news is that I can’t use it in its plugged in form, but at least I can get it to work.

So it’s not working as you thought it would when buying. Don’t accept it, you paid good money on the advertising that they gave.

I was able to fix this issue. I too have wired stick up cam without a battery. I found out that the stick up cam has a critical firmware update and the only way to get it to update is to completely remove it from your account, unplug camera(s) and then set back up again. When setting back up it tells you that firmware is being installed and that live view is unavailable. I kept my app open during entire process (took about 5 minutes) just so firmware update couldn’t be interrupted. When it completed I was able to see live view and get motion alerts from the “dashboard.” However, in “device health” it still says low battery and won’t let you enter live from this section which means this is 100% software issues. I know hope this works for y’all. See attached pics of being able to go live from dashboard but not in device Heath.

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried resetting the camera and same low battery issue. There’s no battery installed and it’s obviously plugged in. Frustrating!!

No, this not a solution. This does not repair the problem. Camera is now useless. Live view on 2 seperate outdoor wired camera’s is dead. Inside camera, also wired is fine.

Bud, I never said it’s a solution. I said I was able to solve the problem with what I did but never said it would work for everyone. The issue is a firmware update. What I did worked for me. Hopefully ring fixes the issue soon.

Your product is sold as the physical camera and also the app / software that enables it to work. Mine experienced this issue (both wired with no battery packs) after a recent App update. They still function ok but I can’t only start live view from the dashboard and not when selecting the device from the devises list. On the devices list mine show critically low battery level. Each device shows as powered by an electrical socket.

It’s CLEARLY a software / firmware / app issue and as the product is rendered useless with no app or software (with a paid subscription YOU RING are breaking UK trading standard law and the consumer sales act. YOU NEED TO ACT NOW AND ACT FAST - SORT YOUR SOFTWARE OUT OR FACE THE PROSPECT OF BEING TAKEN TO COURT!

3 Likes

Hey neighbors! Thanks for your continued input here. Please know that our teams are continuing to investigate this. We make sure to continue forwarding all user experiences over to the team and of course will provide any updates we get as they come in.

I wanted to share a couple potential solutions for the time being. If you have a Stick Up Cam Plug-In (3rd Generation) and see a battery percentage of 0% or critically low battery in the app, try inserting a battery to eliminate this error message. Please note that inserting a battery may not get rid of this error message and results vary, but we are continuing to work toward a more permanent solution.

If you notice loss of your device’s functionality at any time, please reach out directly to our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Our support team can take an in-depth look into your device and assist with getting it back up and running. Thank you again for your patience during this time, neighbors.

Can you send us a free battery to insert? Mine didn’t come with one…

3 Likes

I can hardly wait to see the response on this… the plug-in stick up cam shouldn’t require a battery, doesn’t come with one, the battery costs another $30 and shouldn’t be necessary to fix this defect. I did bite the bullet and buy a battery from Amazon because I’m deeply invested in the Ring systems , the proper operation my security system is essential, and the “critically low battery” message on my PLUG-IN camera did go away - for now. It had also indicated that the solar power was working properly which is odd considering there isn’t one.

2 Likes

Hey, +1 to that …

Yes indeed, … Chelsea will Ring send us a free battery pack to try this?

As it’s totally unfair for us that have bought SU Cam Plug-ins to have to pay an additional $30 to test on a camera that’s not supposed to need one. And was working just fine without one up until a few weeks ago. …

1 Like