Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

My Plug-In Stick-up Cam is now saying it has a Critically Low Battery, even though it is plugged in. Previously it worked great but now I can’t get Live View and it says ‘Streaming Error’. It’s in same room as router but says Weak Connection, RSSI-61. I have a Ring Security Cam outside on the same WiFi (with extender) which is working fine.

I just purchased my first Ring Stick Up Cam Battery and I’m already having issues. I charged my battery fully and inserted it back into the camera, but the app still thinks that my battery is “critically low” and won’t allow me to complete set-up and access Live View. I already unplugged the battery for 2 minutes and deleted the Ring app to re-download it with no luck. Any suggestions?

This is not a solution for my case (and many others). I have a wired stick up cam with no battery. All was working well until the past couple of weeks.

Granted, this does not seem to be preventing normal functionality., and this is only an annoyance at this point. However, there is obviously some firmware/software problem here, so I don’t see how you can call your post a “solution”.

This is what I am trying to figure out. I am having the same problem.

sounds like a “me too” movement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added a battery to 2 out of the three camera and the error message went away, however one of them I got a weak wifi issue on instead now. Still need one more battery for the last camera that never had one when it was received. So for me the low battery message went away and didn’t change anything as the functionality of the camera. So, now the spare batteries I did purchase for my “battery only stick up cam” is down to only one spare and if something happens to it I will have to buy more batteries.

Come on RING you need to make this right and make us whole.

I have 3 plug in stick up cams. Recently on the app under “devices” All the cameras have a message that states “critically low battery” The cameras still function but I don’t understand what the message is for?

Hi, i have recently installed a stick up camera outside. It is the wired version but i keep getting alerts that the battery is critically low. Why is this?

Now my plug-in stick up cam has disconnected from WiFi altogether because it says it is out of battery and the battery needs recharged - even though it’s plugged into the electrical socket!

I have just purchased a wired stick up cam and set it up as a new device.

However, in my device list, it is showing a warning that is has a critically low battery.

This device does not have a battery, it did not come with a battery, it is plugged in.

When I go into the device, the live view button is disabled, and when pressed, advises to charge up the device to enable live view.

I have tried resetting the device. I have removed from my devices and added again. It is showing in the device health as having an electrical source.

What is going on?

Hi, I just installed the same camera and have the same issue! Did you have any help sorting this glitch? If so would you mind letting me know?

Many thanks
Paul

What’s going on is you and all of us got ripped Off. Return like we all did. Blink cameras are awesome

The only suggestion is to return. RING IS GARBAGE. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME ISSUE.

Mine is having the same problem. Software glitch came when they released this snapshot capture feature. Workaround to get live view is to click the camera itself on your dashboard menu instead of going to the device directly. It’ll activate the device no problem. Everything is still functioning, maybe during these times the Software QA team wasn’t doing their due diligence. It happens, hopefully they can fix it!

P.S I hard restored my camera and issue still occurred, don’t waste your time there.

1 Like

It is a flawed script and there too stupid to release a patch to fix the issue.

I bought this & ring doorbell last week & mine says critical battery also!! Although it’s plugged in?
It keeps going offline & says my RSSI is very low yet the doorbell is fitted further away from my rooter than the cam & that is ok?
They did some checks to ascertain problem but said I need to get it down off the roof to check signal strength!! I don’t think so, I just paid someone to put it up!
The common answer seems to be buy a WiFi booster, but my signal strength is fine on all other devices
Please can you sort this out!!

Same here, installed camera tonight, low battery issue ? guess it’ll be going back.

We are having the same issue. These are brand new stick up cameras that are using electricity, not a battery. I see there is a thread with a lot of people having the same issue. This is unacceptable. We are ablet to see the live view but the motion detecter is not working correctly.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. Tried it with the fully charged battery, and without battery and only wired. I literally just bought this today. Already considering returning. This is ridiculous

I purchased Stick-Up camera at Homedepot then plugged in to receptacle directly since installed indoor and there was no battery. After that I could access live video but from four days ago I got message as low battery then cannot access live video anymore and became useless camera. How can I solve thsi problem?

I bought a stick up cam two pack from qvc.

I charged both batteries - solid green
Once I put them in the dr ices it says both are critically low.

How can this be?