Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

I purchased a battery and after telling the camera to reconnect my issues went away.

This is with a wired stick up cam which needs to be renamed to “wired battery required stick up cam”.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, is the plug in meant to have a battery or not. Bullet point 1 says no battery should be installed and point 3 says try removing and reinserting the battery. I’m confused and I agree support on this issue from a business where home working should be a relatively easy option seems very poor. My new camera has good signal strength but will not work reliably and I’d like to eliminate the critical battery warning as a possible cause

3 Likes

I decided to blow another $30 and buy a battery, charged it, inserted it in my wired stick up cam, and warning went away for now. This isn’t right but I’m too invested to back off now. I hear comparatively good things about SimpliSafe and Nest systems.

1 Like

That would work but I have 3 of them. I don’t want to invest almost a hundred dollars more on it. Why don’t they “RING” send batteries with the devices at purchase time. All my other products have batteries in them. I even purchased a second battery for my spotlight cam because it only came with one but a two slots.

Hi @swell243 - can you go into detail of how this is effecting your device abilitiy to work properly? We have the team investigating this and I’m trying to push for a fix as soon as possible. However, more information to deliver to the team would be excellent, as simply stating “It has a negative effect on the device” doesn’t warrant much. Does this impact live view or notifications? They can then take a look into these claims and ensure we get this properly fixed. Thanks

First of all, a WIRED device that allegedly does not require a battery to function properly shouldn’t be notifying the user that a battery is critically low. This started after my camera had been working properly for several months.

The conspicuously displayed red print notification on the app for the device represents a malfunction at some level. Any operational issues downstream from this warning might seem moot because at this stage the reliability of the camera (or app, or ???) is verifiably questionable.

Should the buyer/customer be asked to further analyze the operation and explain to the supplier, “how this is effecting your device abilitiy to work properly?” Can YOU tell US if “this impact(s) live view or notifications?” The device is not working properly if it’s plugged in, doesn’t require a battery, and is notifying the end user that a battery is critically low. THAT is a malfunction.

For the record, I spent another $30 on a Ring battery on Amazon, charged it and installed it in my WIRED (securely plugged in to a wall outlet, no power interruption issues) Ring camera just to get rid of the low battery warning - which it did, at least for now. That’s $30 I should not have had to spend.

I don’t know who wrote, “It has a negative effect on the device,” but did you read the other dozens of posts about this issue? It might be more respectable Customer Service to acknowledge the validity of the concern - when so many are reporting it - and try to understand how frustrating such things are, rather than to critique the complaints.

2 Likes

THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED AND THE STATUS SHOULD BE CHANGED ACCORDINGLY!!!

2 Likes

Jennifer_Ring,

Please advise on how to register for a deserved refund for the purchase of a Ring Battery for my Ring Wired Stick-up Camera in the attempt to right the wrongs and errors produced by your software engineers. Also, since the addition of a battery did not resolve the failures, and nearly 140 posts from extremely disgruntled customers describing their symptoms don’t seem to be enough, will you please state how Ring plans to compensate those who have wasted their time and money on your products?

2 Likes

My Plug-In Stick-up Cam is now saying it has a Critically Low Battery, even though it is plugged in. Previously it worked great but now I can’t get Live View and it says ‘Streaming Error’. It’s in same room as router but says Weak Connection, RSSI-61. I have a Ring Security Cam outside on the same WiFi (with extender) which is working fine.

I just purchased my first Ring Stick Up Cam Battery and I’m already having issues. I charged my battery fully and inserted it back into the camera, but the app still thinks that my battery is “critically low” and won’t allow me to complete set-up and access Live View. I already unplugged the battery for 2 minutes and deleted the Ring app to re-download it with no luck. Any suggestions?

This is not a solution for my case (and many others). I have a wired stick up cam with no battery. All was working well until the past couple of weeks.

Granted, this does not seem to be preventing normal functionality., and this is only an annoyance at this point. However, there is obviously some firmware/software problem here, so I don’t see how you can call your post a “solution”.

This is what I am trying to figure out. I am having the same problem.

sounds like a “me too” movement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added a battery to 2 out of the three camera and the error message went away, however one of them I got a weak wifi issue on instead now. Still need one more battery for the last camera that never had one when it was received. So for me the low battery message went away and didn’t change anything as the functionality of the camera. So, now the spare batteries I did purchase for my “battery only stick up cam” is down to only one spare and if something happens to it I will have to buy more batteries.

Come on RING you need to make this right and make us whole.

I have 3 plug in stick up cams. Recently on the app under “devices” All the cameras have a message that states “critically low battery” The cameras still function but I don’t understand what the message is for?

Hi, i have recently installed a stick up camera outside. It is the wired version but i keep getting alerts that the battery is critically low. Why is this?

Now my plug-in stick up cam has disconnected from WiFi altogether because it says it is out of battery and the battery needs recharged - even though it’s plugged into the electrical socket!

I have just purchased a wired stick up cam and set it up as a new device.

However, in my device list, it is showing a warning that is has a critically low battery.

This device does not have a battery, it did not come with a battery, it is plugged in.

When I go into the device, the live view button is disabled, and when pressed, advises to charge up the device to enable live view.

I have tried resetting the device. I have removed from my devices and added again. It is showing in the device health as having an electrical source.

What is going on?

Hi, I just installed the same camera and have the same issue! Did you have any help sorting this glitch? If so would you mind letting me know?

Many thanks
Paul

What’s going on is you and all of us got ripped Off. Return like we all did. Blink cameras are awesome

The only suggestion is to return. RING IS GARBAGE. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME ISSUE.