Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

I recieved my Camera yesterday, installed and same issue, it’s annoying to see the Critically Low Battery alert al lthe time in highlited RED! checked all the items you mentioned all are ok still alert is there, thanks

If I have to keep getting my ladder out to unplug and replug my WIRED Stick Up Cam just to rid it of the “Critically Low Battery” warning…I’m returning it. This has taken way too long for RING to fix. My First Generation Ring Stick Up Cam has never had ANY issues…these newer models are just crap.

My stick up cam is wired and is mostly operating correctly, except that it shows as critically low battery (there of course is no battery) and it also only records for 30 seconds like it is on battery power. I have re-installed it three times and always as Wired, never as battery, and it still does this each time. I’ve also tried multiple electrical outlets but it does the same each time. Any ideas ?

Also I see some people have mentioned something similar so I just wanted to mention my $100 plug-in camera does not have a snapshots or motion zones feature which is ridiculous considering my $60 indoor cam also made by ring can do that. Not sure if this is also due to this issue or if it’s just they wanted to make these more expensive devices less useful for the fun of it…

1 Like

Wired Ring Stick Up Cam 2019 3rd Gen (no battery)

Here is what i see on my app when I touch the battery icon in the app: "The battery ran out of power. This device is now offline. To restore service, charge its battery ". Okay, I am able to use the camera to do live view and see all of the recordings so its clearly NOT offline. I have called them twice on this. They had me go through another full setup and that didn’t fix anything. I have tried the reset on my own twice which proved to be a waste of time. They said they would report it to their supervisor. Getting battery errors on a camera that shipped as a wired camera with NO battery is absurd. Clearly RING didn’t test these cameras after their software updates. They have been dead silent on any fixes…

I’m considering returning my 3rd gen wired stick up cams. I have 2.
Considering the blink cameras £100 each
Absolutely fed up of no fix, hardly any motion detection now! Wtf…
Always up and down ladder resetting. Still not fit for purpose!

Ring are you going to sort this problem or do you think it’s ok to keep ignoring it ? I have reset my camera twice so far. I won’t be doing it again either sort it out or this camera is going back ?

_ Edit as of 6/2/2020: This issue should new be fixed. _

_ Edit as of 5/15/2020: Thanks for your continued input here. Please know that our teams are continuing to investigate this. We make sure to continue forwarding all user experiences over to the team and of course will provide any updates we get as they come in. _

I wanted to share a couple potential solutions for the time being. If you have a Stick Up Cam Plug-In (3rd Generation) and see a battery percentage of 0% or critically low battery in the app, try inserting a battery to eliminate this error message. Please note that inserting a battery may not get rid of this error message and results vary, but we are continuing to work toward a more permanent solution_ . _

_ If you notice loss of your device’s functionality at any time, please reach out directly to our support team here. They can take an in-depth look into your device and assist with getting it back up and running. Thank you again for your patience during this time, neighbors. _

Hey neighbors! Once again, I want to thank you for your continued feedback and patience with this matter. As stated before, our team is investigating these concerns still and we will continue to share these observations with them. We appreciate any and all image examples of this and details on your experience, as this is helpful information to pass onto our reporting team that is investigating this matter.

Additionally, we recommend confirming the following to ensure there are not any other factors affecting your Stick Up Cam Plug-in operation:

• Confirm the device your have is the Stick Up Cam Plug-In, and that the battery is not installed in the device. If you have a battery operated Stick Up Cam, please create a new thread on your concern.
  • Next, ensure the power source field says power outlet or electrical socket.
  • Try removing the battery from the Stick Up Cam Plug-In, leaving it out for a minute or two, and then inserting the battery again. While this is a Plug-In device, you can twist the bottom of the compartment to remove and re-insert the battery if applicable.
  • Check wifi signal strength to your Camera via the RSSI in your device health.
  • Test live view and other features to ensure the Camera is online and operating as intended despite seeing this message.

We will be sure to keep the Community updated with any information we receive, as soon as it is received. If your Stick Up Cam Plug-in is exhibiting different behavior that what is outlined above, there may be additional troubleshooting steps to perform such as wifi connection, or Ring app/ mobile device performance. We recommend to create another thread away from this concern if this is the case to avoid confusion for other neighbors in this thread with a Stick Up Cam Plug-in that is operational otherwise, but just having this error in-app.

For support, please know that our support team is very limited now due to COVID-19. Depending on your region, we no longer have email and chat support. Therefore, for immediate support on your devices or for a concern that doesn’t fit the bill as described here, there may be a wait time to get in top with a representative. Please note that if you are having this concern, you can follow this thread, and know that when we provide an update, it should be fixed at that time we tell you it is. Therefore, there’s no need to reach out to our support and we will provide the updates as we have them. Calling support will verify that you are in this boat with other neighbors, but they will only be able to provide the same update.

For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please share in depth information and examples as to what happens so we can pass it along to the appropriate teams. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you.

In my case anyway …

<< Confirm the device your have is the Stick
Up Cam Plug-In, and that the battery is
not installed in the device. >>

Confirmed, it is …

A 3rd gen. Stickup cam Plugin model about two months old now …

<< Next, ensure the power source field says
power outlet or electrical socket.
Try removing the battery from the Stick
Up Cam Plug-In, leaving it out for a
minute or two, and then inserting the
battery again. While this is a Plug-In
device, you can twist the bottom of the
compartment to remove and re-insert
the battery if applicable. >>

Under Device Health for the Stickup cam, Power Source says “Power Outlet”, Battery Level says “0%”

Confirmed, there is no battery …

<< Check wifi signal strength to your
Camera via the RSSI in your device
health. >>

Current RSSI reading is “41”

As it’s mounted about 12 feet away from a WiFi AP.

<< Test live view and other features to
ensure the Camera is online and
operating as intended despite seeing
this message. >>

For me fortunately, it still has full functionality (for now anyway) except for the now missing color night camera option under the Video Settings for the Stickup cam. A “Critically Low Battery” error message, and a empty battery icon indicator on the lower right corner of the dashboard preview image that links to a message that the battery has completely run out and that this device is off-line
And instructions on how to charge the battery.

See included images …

3 Likes

Its been 2 weeks I was having this issue. Ring customer support doesn’t know about this issue. One of the *Tech support* told me that the issue is coming ONLY for my camera.

This issue came 2 times in less than 30 days. No one at Ring knows when and how this issue would be resolved. “Low battery on a wire camera”.

2 Likes

Same here in the Netherlands. Settings etc are correct. The battery error message suddenly appeared about two months ago. Ridiculous Ring doesn’t take any action.

2 Likes

Same issue here with a two week old stick up camera. No battery installed, settings are all correct for plug-in power, and have received several batttery critically low alerts over the last week. Now the camera is offline (while still powered from the plug-in power supply) and will not stream any video. Expecting a battery pack to arrive today so I can insert it into the camera. Planning to cycle the power on the device prior to that to see if it resolves the streaming failure as well.

2 Likes

Same here, new wired camera critically low power battery message and no streaming. All settings are as they should be. I suspect that they want us to buy a battery pack to use with the device…

2 Likes

Me too - Stickup cam Plugin, and thought the motion sensor had gone. Had it replaced by Amazon, to find the same problem in the new camera.

Looks like when the critical battery issue is showing, motion sensing doesn’t work.

Look forward to a quick update.

1 Like

Liz is an acceptable solution and scenario. You should not be selling “plug-in” cameras that are having this issue! I’m sure like myself, everyone on this forum has bought this camera so that they can plug it in and not have to worry about a battery, or it shutting down, or your security camera being down. What’s the point of having a security camera if it doesn’t work? The whole point of the security camera and have it plugged in is to have it running all the time and provide great security. This is completely unacceptable and you need to find a firmware solution immediately!

11 Likes

My Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-in (wired power via wall outlet) shows a ‘critical low battery’ message since a while.

I tried several options from a recent thread (https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Low-Battery-Notice-on-a-Wired-Stick-Up-Cam/m-p/24560#M4992) but nothing helped. The Wifi connection is good, the RSSI -60 should also not be the case (as the deviced worked properly before). Otherwise it is working as it should be I guess, with live view working.

In the Device Health section of the app the power source shows power outlet. But right below the battery level is stated as 0 %. When I click on it, I see a pop-up message saying “your doorbell transformer seems a bit weak” (roughly translated from my Dutch app). Quite surprising as it is a Stick Up Cam…

1 Like

And I notice apparently related to this issue.
Is that when I enable the audio the sound detection and quality from my Stickup cam plugin now behaves like it’s on battery. Where it remains mute until a sound breaks a certain threshold to conserve battery power.

It’s like my SU cam is now schizoid and operating somewhere between two the types. The plugin one and the battery one. … Lol …

1 Like

Update from my post yesterday - I ordered and received a battery pack and allowed it to charge overnight via the USB cable. I cycled the camera power yesterday and had to reset the camera and reconnect it to my wifi. After that, it performed a software update download that took several minutes (it had been offline for only one day). I was hoping that would be the resolution to the low battery warning issues - but it was not.

I inserted the battery pack into the camera this morning and now the Device Health page is showing the Power Source as Power Outlet, Power Status as Very Good, Battery Level at 100%, and the Solar Panel Status as connected (with no solar panel installed or connected). So much for a “power outlet” supplied camera. If Ring knew that it needed a battery, it would have been nice for it to be an included item in the kit.

3 Likes

I am also receiving a low battery notification. Camera appears to be working, however, sometimes the live view will not connect. Was about to create a post and saw this thread. Issue has been present since I installed the camera.

2 Likes

I’ve done the same - ordered a battery for it, and its arrived today. It is now working fine, motion sensing is working etc…

It’s also showing powered by a solar panel which is a bit of a joke.

The main issue is it took me a few weeks to realise that this wasn’t motion sensing, only my outdoor cams have alerts on them, the indoor ones don’t. I imagine a lot of people won’t even release their cameras are faulty.

The software update that must have been pushed out, wasn’t tested that well was it!!

1 Like