Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

Still nothing. I have not had a working camera since I installed it. Being over a week, (8) pages of complaints, numerous calls, and still no solution or even someone call me back, I went to the BBB. I hated to do it, but maybe if enough of us do it, we will hear something back.

1 Like

I’ve been calling these people with hold times of 40 mins and no one seems to know anything about the problem. The idiots keep telling me I’m making a mistake that it’s a battery cam and not a wired one. WTF. I mounted my entire system myself. I can’t believe such an advanced system as ring has such “lack of knowledge” professional customer service. Especially with the amount of people that are having the same problem.

I have bought 3 camera last week and the same problem on all new camera. States all undated with latest wire wall and updates

1 Like

Same issue two new WIRED cams! Ring this is ridiculous. Please fix now, how can you let this go on for over a month from the first post? *removed other comments of frustration*

1 Like

Ring team: please respond to the group. This is unacceptable customer service being that you have already responded once to this thread.

1 Like

My stickup camera plug-in was fine until I deleted anb old (first gen) stickup cam battery that had a solar panel. Then my sitckup cam plugin immediatelyh showed a red battery icon on the dashboard and 0% battery on device health. And it says it’s plugged in. _ It seems to be working fine._ It’s now been a week and nothing has cleared the problem. It’s quite irritating. It’s kind of like crying wolf but it doesn’t really mean it – eventually I’ll filter it out, I guess, and then something bad will happen.

So…I bought a battery to add to my plug-in camera, thinking that it wouldn’t be bad to have a backup for hurricanes. Plugged it in, and still get the “Critically Low Battery” warning. “Very Poor” power status. Fails to capture motion. No snapshot. Connection errors when trying Live View. No customizable motion zones, but on/off zones are available (I need customizable motion zones because this faces a street). All other Ring cameras in my system are working correctly.

And so I decided to delete and reinstall the device as a battery powered camera. No more errors. “Very Good” power status. STILL: Fails to any capture motion at all. No snapshot. No customizable motion zones or on/off zones. This camera is failing terribly, currently is completely worthless, and no comments or action from Ring Support. There are a lot of frustrated people here now! It’s got one week before it goes back and I reevaluate switching to another security camera manufacturer. C’mon Amazon! Pull it together!

Having same problem. Just posting to see if my “vote” for a fix helps with the Ring folks.

So i have a ring stickup indoor/outdoor wired security camera, model 8SW1S9-WEN0 i bought in december, its been working fine until recently (im not sure when it started), the ring app keeps showing me it has critical low battery but then it is wired and plugged into an outlet and has no battery in it. When i go to the device setting for it on the app, the battery icon is full and green but when i click on it, it tells me the battery is dead and device is offline, but really its still working as its plugged in still.

Why is the app giving me wrong battery status and will it cause an issue once i set this camera to be armed when im on away mode?

aside from the low battery message on these wired stick ups, anyone else noticed that there are no toggle options in their video settings for the colored night vision mode? Seems like the wired cams are being recognized as battery powered only.

2 Likes

Good catch …

Didn’t even notice that …

Most discouraging and disappointing that Ring is having such trouble responding to and fixing a major breakdown in one of their main products …

1 Like

I recieved my Camera yesterday, installed and same issue, it’s annoying to see the Critically Low Battery alert al lthe time in highlited RED! checked all the items you mentioned all are ok still alert is there, thanks

If I have to keep getting my ladder out to unplug and replug my WIRED Stick Up Cam just to rid it of the “Critically Low Battery” warning…I’m returning it. This has taken way too long for RING to fix. My First Generation Ring Stick Up Cam has never had ANY issues…these newer models are just crap.

My stick up cam is wired and is mostly operating correctly, except that it shows as critically low battery (there of course is no battery) and it also only records for 30 seconds like it is on battery power. I have re-installed it three times and always as Wired, never as battery, and it still does this each time. I’ve also tried multiple electrical outlets but it does the same each time. Any ideas ?

Also I see some people have mentioned something similar so I just wanted to mention my $100 plug-in camera does not have a snapshots or motion zones feature which is ridiculous considering my $60 indoor cam also made by ring can do that. Not sure if this is also due to this issue or if it’s just they wanted to make these more expensive devices less useful for the fun of it…

1 Like

Wired Ring Stick Up Cam 2019 3rd Gen (no battery)

Here is what i see on my app when I touch the battery icon in the app: "The battery ran out of power. This device is now offline. To restore service, charge its battery ". Okay, I am able to use the camera to do live view and see all of the recordings so its clearly NOT offline. I have called them twice on this. They had me go through another full setup and that didn’t fix anything. I have tried the reset on my own twice which proved to be a waste of time. They said they would report it to their supervisor. Getting battery errors on a camera that shipped as a wired camera with NO battery is absurd. Clearly RING didn’t test these cameras after their software updates. They have been dead silent on any fixes…

I’m considering returning my 3rd gen wired stick up cams. I have 2.
Considering the blink cameras £100 each
Absolutely fed up of no fix, hardly any motion detection now! Wtf…
Always up and down ladder resetting. Still not fit for purpose!

Ring are you going to sort this problem or do you think it’s ok to keep ignoring it ? I have reset my camera twice so far. I won’t be doing it again either sort it out or this camera is going back ?

_ Edit as of 6/2/2020: This issue should new be fixed. _

_ Edit as of 5/15/2020: Thanks for your continued input here. Please know that our teams are continuing to investigate this. We make sure to continue forwarding all user experiences over to the team and of course will provide any updates we get as they come in. _

I wanted to share a couple potential solutions for the time being. If you have a Stick Up Cam Plug-In (3rd Generation) and see a battery percentage of 0% or critically low battery in the app, try inserting a battery to eliminate this error message. Please note that inserting a battery may not get rid of this error message and results vary, but we are continuing to work toward a more permanent solution_ . _

_ If you notice loss of your device’s functionality at any time, please reach out directly to our support team here. They can take an in-depth look into your device and assist with getting it back up and running. Thank you again for your patience during this time, neighbors. _

Hey neighbors! Once again, I want to thank you for your continued feedback and patience with this matter. As stated before, our team is investigating these concerns still and we will continue to share these observations with them. We appreciate any and all image examples of this and details on your experience, as this is helpful information to pass onto our reporting team that is investigating this matter.

Additionally, we recommend confirming the following to ensure there are not any other factors affecting your Stick Up Cam Plug-in operation:

• Confirm the device your have is the Stick Up Cam Plug-In, and that the battery is not installed in the device. If you have a battery operated Stick Up Cam, please create a new thread on your concern.
  • Next, ensure the power source field says power outlet or electrical socket.
  • Try removing the battery from the Stick Up Cam Plug-In, leaving it out for a minute or two, and then inserting the battery again. While this is a Plug-In device, you can twist the bottom of the compartment to remove and re-insert the battery if applicable.
  • Check wifi signal strength to your Camera via the RSSI in your device health.
  • Test live view and other features to ensure the Camera is online and operating as intended despite seeing this message.

We will be sure to keep the Community updated with any information we receive, as soon as it is received. If your Stick Up Cam Plug-in is exhibiting different behavior that what is outlined above, there may be additional troubleshooting steps to perform such as wifi connection, or Ring app/ mobile device performance. We recommend to create another thread away from this concern if this is the case to avoid confusion for other neighbors in this thread with a Stick Up Cam Plug-in that is operational otherwise, but just having this error in-app.

For support, please know that our support team is very limited now due to COVID-19. Depending on your region, we no longer have email and chat support. Therefore, for immediate support on your devices or for a concern that doesn’t fit the bill as described here, there may be a wait time to get in top with a representative. Please note that if you are having this concern, you can follow this thread, and know that when we provide an update, it should be fixed at that time we tell you it is. Therefore, there’s no need to reach out to our support and we will provide the updates as we have them. Calling support will verify that you are in this boat with other neighbors, but they will only be able to provide the same update.

For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please share in depth information and examples as to what happens so we can pass it along to the appropriate teams. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you.

In my case anyway …

<< Confirm the device your have is the Stick
Up Cam Plug-In, and that the battery is
not installed in the device. >>

Confirmed, it is …

A 3rd gen. Stickup cam Plugin model about two months old now …

<< Next, ensure the power source field says
power outlet or electrical socket.
Try removing the battery from the Stick
Up Cam Plug-In, leaving it out for a
minute or two, and then inserting the
battery again. While this is a Plug-In
device, you can twist the bottom of the
compartment to remove and re-insert
the battery if applicable. >>

Under Device Health for the Stickup cam, Power Source says “Power Outlet”, Battery Level says “0%”

Confirmed, there is no battery …

<< Check wifi signal strength to your
Camera via the RSSI in your device
health. >>

Current RSSI reading is “41”

As it’s mounted about 12 feet away from a WiFi AP.

<< Test live view and other features to
ensure the Camera is online and
operating as intended despite seeing
this message. >>

For me fortunately, it still has full functionality (for now anyway) except for the now missing color night camera option under the Video Settings for the Stickup cam. A “Critically Low Battery” error message, and a empty battery icon indicator on the lower right corner of the dashboard preview image that links to a message that the battery has completely run out and that this device is off-line
And instructions on how to charge the battery.

See included images …

3 Likes