Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

Why does my wired camera say it needs charging and now I can’t do anything with it until it’s charged, but it’s wired?

I have the same issue. Started a few weeks ago. I do not have a battery in the wired stick up cam.

Live View access is intermittent. When they do connect it takes up to a minute, but I can see motion alert recordings and snapshot capture.

Both of my wired cameras say “Critically Low Battery”

I have called several times and have not received an answer for it. I was told by Ring that it was put on the priority list.

I installed the camera on 04/25 and it worked for ten minutes. The picture is still stuck from 04/25, I have no access to any featues on it, and it reads “Critically Low Battery” even though it is a plug-in.

I also sent (2) screenshots as was requested by Ring. I asked every time I called for someone to review this forum to see all the people that have been having this issue.

1 Like

Any update on this issue? I’m experiencing the same problem. I went to exchange it to My local BestBuy today and the new one is having the same issues. The stick up cam connects the first minute and stop working afterwards. I found i have to reset the wifi connection effectively having to completely reset the device in order to get it to work, but falls back on the same disconnection issue. This is a plug-in but the app warns of a “critical low battery”, this doesn’t make sense.

Two new plugged in stickup cams on 4/23. Both had the low battery warning from install and per this thread and response, I didn’t worry about it, even though it is clearly not supposed to work that way. Now one has gone offline - please see attached.

What is the solution @Ring team? This is an issue that needs resolution please. Thanks!

1 Like

Please see my message below, Marley. This is now forcing cameras to go offline.

My plug in stick up cameras still support live viewing and are recording activty while showing the low battery icon as of now.

1 Like

I installed 3 new plug-in stick up cams yesterday, and all 3 show as critically low battery. They seem to work normally otherwise, but it’s kind of annoying to see the low battery icon all the time.

1 Like

This first started 03.31.20 and has been happening again now for several days . Ring quality has gone downhill fast in the last 4 months.

It’s not just the wired Stick Up Cameras. The same issue is happening on my battery stick up. My batteries have been fully charged and I have replaced them a number of times. Same issue remains.

I have reset the device. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still a warning and still no love view via the Ring app and Rapid Ring. However, Alexa allows live view upon request.

I think it’s an app bug that needs a patch. I don’t like paying for a subscription and things don’t work the way they should. I’d like to see what’s going on wherever I am via my phone.

Neighbors, we greatly appreciate your continued feedback and patience with this matter. As stated prior, our team is investigating these concerns as we speak and we will continue to share these observations with them. I see most of you have included image examples and details of your experiences, this is very helpful for the team.

Additionally, we recommend confirming the following to ensure there are not any other factors affecting your Stick Up Cam Plug-in operation:

• Confirm the device your have is the Stick Up Cam Plug-In, and that the battery is not installed in the device.
  • Next, ensure the power source field says power outlet or electrical socket.
  • Check wifi signal strength to your Camera via the RSSI in your device health.
  • Test live view and other features to ensure the Camera is online and operating as intended despite seeing this message.

We will be sure to keep the Community updated with any information we receive, as it is received. If your Stick Up Cam Plug-in is exhibiting different behavior that what is outlined above, there may be additional troubleshooting steps to perform such as wifi connection, or Ring app/ mobile device performance.

I’ve called in today regarding a similar issue. The support agent said it was normal and asked why I am concerned about this even though it’s working. He was the worst customer service I’ve spoken to.

I also have same problem. RING…you have a problem with your wired stuck up cameras showing CRITICALLY LOW BATTERY message - please read these posts and respond. Mine started after about two months.

1 Like

Yep, same problem with my new wired stick up cam.

I do not understand why they are sending “troubleshooting” directions when this is obviously a new issue that has just occurred. There wouldn’t be 7 pages of comments if this was a brand new batch of people that all of a sudden accidentally “forgot to plug it in.”

I am guessing this is a software issue or an issue with the latest production of equipment. Either way, you have majority of the people on here that have now gone a week or so with zero access and NO solution.

2 Likes

I agree, this is either a Firmware, Server, or App bug. I’m either returning ring and going with the competitors or see the ball rolling on fixing this issue… I find it hard to believe the dev team doesn’t have versioning and can’t see what code changes might’ve broken this setup.

Please give us a concrete answer, this has had to have been looked at for a good time now… how many sprints does it take to fix a previously working feature???

2 Likes

My cameras & several friends now say critically low battery. We all have plug in, so obviously no batteries! All worked fine until a week or so ago.
You sent me instructions of a fix but it doesn’t work at all. I’ve literally spent a few hours trying to rectify this.
RING… please fix this. I pay £80 per year subscription. Below are the steps I was advised to follow. Doesn’t work on my cameras! Frustrated now as you’re not fixing this fault.

1. Unplug your Ring Stick Up Cam from the electrical socket for one minute. Then reconnect your Ring. Allow one minute to pass before moving on to the next step.
  2. Press the setup button on the bottom of your Ring Stick Up Cam for 40 seconds, then release.
  3. Look for the changes in the LED pattern.
  4. Open your Ring App, tap Set Up a Device, tap Security Cameras, and follow the in-app instructions to add the Ring Stick Up Cam as new to your Ring App.
  5. Follow the same instructions for your other Ring Stick Up Cam.

Received the same instructions from Ring last night and completed the reset on the one that was offline due to low power. It came back online, but still has the low battery issue. I will post again if it goes back offline.

I wonder if it is faulty power supplies or firmware or something else. Ring rep put me on hold, talked to a supervisor and gave me the process. Said that there was no further troubleshooting next steps outside of RMA the device and get a new one.

My stick up wired cam has again gone off due to low battery warning. IT DOES NOT HAVE A BATTERY. What is going on this is ridiculous. I have already reset once and it started to work. I need an answer or I will be sending it back ?