Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

Same!!! Thisi s ridic I tried everything, resetting the device, uninstalling… Nothing, new ring stickup camera plugged in with the low battery symbol and decreased functionality…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this experience neighbors! Rest assured, if you have a wired or plug in Ring Camera, this message does not pertain to your device and should not change any functionality. I appreciate all of your feedback on this and have shared it with our teams here for further investigation.

1 Like

I just noticed this as well. It’s working fine though. Just the “Battery at 0%” and when I click on that in device heath it says “Your transformer is a little under powered…” If I click on the batter icon itself it says “The battery in your yard ran out of power. This device is offline…” but it’s online though. On the devices menu it shows as “Critically low battery”.

2 Likes

Same problem “ low battery” on plugged in stick up camera. Brand new camera. I hope Ring does either fixes it, or posts the fix!

1 Like

same issue …probably fault in the app

Getting low battery warning / icons even though they are stickup cams with ring power supply . Was fine yet both started to show warning yesterday. Ring please resolve.

1 Like

My stick up cam has just stopped working because of this. Anybody know if ring have sorted it.

My Stick up cam has critically low battery display (wired) and this morning has gone offline
Unable to do anything

I’m experiencing the very same issue. My wired stickup cam which is 3rd generation and only a month old shows the battery (which there is none in it) as needing to be charged. It has since went offline and doesn’t work at all. Called Ring and they are sending me a replacement. I don’t know what has happened to Ring but they seriously went downhill in terms of quality. Many problems here including software updates that have screwed things up. Their tech support is not as smart as what they previously had as I think they went offshore with their level one help. I was an early adopter but I am down to 2 cameras and have moved away from them to other products. Eufy Cameras are head and shoulders above Ring. Go ahead Ring, delete my post.

3 Likes

exact same issue. Outdoor plugin cam started showing battery error. Went to reinstall camera but won’t let me because “battery low” error. There is no battery! it is plugged in

1 Like

Installed 2 new today. Went through all the set up on both and then installed high up outside using some borrowed ladders. Getting the same message, critical battery, it has a green battery sign also when I click on that it says battery is critical and camera is offline. Can’t do anything with it, live view, motion detection nothing is working.

What’s the update? I can’t even view my cameras live stream as it says it has been temporarily disabled due to the critically low battery even though the camera is plugged into the wall outlet.

Almost same issue with my new Wired Stick Up cam. Message is “battery critically low”. Would not allow live view until I got on the phone with support and they walked me through a reset. Message still there but live view ok. Support did not have explanation, just said ignore message. Not a great answer, but cam working ok for the moment.

I am in the same situation. I just installed the stick up cam outdoors today and I am getting the critically low battery. I have no control over the camera and it will not function for me. I did the firmware update when prompted and all my other cameras/doorbell are working fine. This is my only stick up cam.

Same issue. Wired cam says dead battery and offline. There is no battery and camera no longer working. Need help. Just bought and installed today.

Same problem. Mine are only 1 week old and 2 days ago started saying critically low battery. Please share if they respond to you. I sent an email last night, but not holding my breath.

Both of my outdoor cameras started to give me the same message today. They still work though. Hope the issue gets fixed soon!

Mine are brand new, did the firmware upgrade and waited for blue light to stop flashing. I’m disabled so had to get someone to install them outside as need them high up. Called ring yesterday and they said to press the reset button to go into set up mode why I cannot do and will have to pay someone again to come with a ladder to press the button.

Took my camera out of the box today. Starter setup and am experiencing the same issue!

I’m having the same issue only way to get it working was to use a spare battery in there but the cheek of it shows mains still It appears to me if there aint a terminal making contacting inside the camera thinks something is wrong Maybe these should have simple battery for mains use

HI neighbors! Thank you for this information. We have the team reviewing this thread and collecting more information. Can you please confirm this is effecting Live View and how your device functions? Not just an error in the app? Thank you!