Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

We had the same issue. Our camera has been installed for several months and working fine. But I noticed a day or so ago that it had a red battery symbol in my ring app and it said battery was at 8%. It doesn’t even have a battery in it. We climbed a ladder, took it down, unplugged and replugged it in. And now it acknowledged it’s plugged in and the red battery symbol disappeared from the app. The power cord was not loose at all so we have no idea what cause this.

2 Likes

my stick up cam is plugged in, there is no battery because its plugged in and now says its offline.

Having the exact same problem. Can’t chat with support because it says “something went wrong. Try again” . ?

Have brand new stick up battery cam. Less 24 hrs old. Recharged batteries several times. Shows green light. Put into device which says cannot do live feed battery critically low. Device button shows battery as 0. Blue light flashes on putting battery in so is connected. Alan

I have 2plug in cameras, no batteries, but on app says battery critical low…im confused

2 Likes

Well, with today’s Ring app update my WIRED Stick-Up camera is once again CRITICALLY LOW BATTERY.

Come on, Ring! You fixed this issue last month and now it’s back. Don’t you have source code control to prevent such backleveling of your code? You re-introduced a bug which you previously fixed.

3 Likes

I am also experiencing multiple issues with my 3 stick up cameras. 2 are wired and saying batery is critically low. None of them working or updating in live mode. All 3 are having intermittent issues with detecting motion. One wired cam has a warning about replacing my doorbell transformer?! No issues with my flood light cam or ring doorbell. I have had all 5 since December with no issues until recent updates. These issues need fixed immediately.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue with my stickup wired cam as well. I read through each post and wanted to add in my issue, I am hoping that if a lot of people add to this thread they will see it. Thanks for everyones feed back!

3 Likes

I am getting a alert saying my battery is low. My stickup wired does not have backup battery. Why would this happen?

3 Likes

Same!!! Thisi s ridic I tried everything, resetting the device, uninstalling… Nothing, new ring stickup camera plugged in with the low battery symbol and decreased functionality…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this experience neighbors! Rest assured, if you have a wired or plug in Ring Camera, this message does not pertain to your device and should not change any functionality. I appreciate all of your feedback on this and have shared it with our teams here for further investigation.

1 Like

I just noticed this as well. It’s working fine though. Just the “Battery at 0%” and when I click on that in device heath it says “Your transformer is a little under powered…” If I click on the batter icon itself it says “The battery in your yard ran out of power. This device is offline…” but it’s online though. On the devices menu it shows as “Critically low battery”.

2 Likes

Same problem “ low battery” on plugged in stick up camera. Brand new camera. I hope Ring does either fixes it, or posts the fix!

1 Like

same issue …probably fault in the app

Getting low battery warning / icons even though they are stickup cams with ring power supply . Was fine yet both started to show warning yesterday. Ring please resolve.

1 Like

My stick up cam has just stopped working because of this. Anybody know if ring have sorted it.

My Stick up cam has critically low battery display (wired) and this morning has gone offline
Unable to do anything

I’m experiencing the very same issue. My wired stickup cam which is 3rd generation and only a month old shows the battery (which there is none in it) as needing to be charged. It has since went offline and doesn’t work at all. Called Ring and they are sending me a replacement. I don’t know what has happened to Ring but they seriously went downhill in terms of quality. Many problems here including software updates that have screwed things up. Their tech support is not as smart as what they previously had as I think they went offshore with their level one help. I was an early adopter but I am down to 2 cameras and have moved away from them to other products. Eufy Cameras are head and shoulders above Ring. Go ahead Ring, delete my post.

3 Likes

exact same issue. Outdoor plugin cam started showing battery error. Went to reinstall camera but won’t let me because “battery low” error. There is no battery! it is plugged in

1 Like

Installed 2 new today. Went through all the set up on both and then installed high up outside using some borrowed ladders. Getting the same message, critical battery, it has a green battery sign also when I click on that it says battery is critical and camera is offline. Can’t do anything with it, live view, motion detection nothing is working.

What’s the update? I can’t even view my cameras live stream as it says it has been temporarily disabled due to the critically low battery even though the camera is plugged into the wall outlet.