Loud random beeps from stick up camera

2 our of Ring Stick Up Cameras are now emitting a loud random 2-3 second beep. This seems to be a common thread now on the community board for the past two weeks and a is a known issue with Ring. The sound is similar to a smoke detector chip. I called in to the ring help phone number on 8/31/2020 and the help desk operator was able to hear the random noise 3 times over the phone as it occured, but she was unable to give me a reason as to why this is occuring and I was left with directions to wait and Ring is looking into these issues. This is not acceptable as this now occurs at random times of the day and is confused as a smoke detector sound for my family including a small child.

Hi @chadfranciscus - you’re right – there is a seperate thread talking about the same thing. If you saw my update in that thread we’re working close with the team to identify what may be going on. Would it be okay to put you in touch with that team using the email address associated with your Ring account? Let me know – thanks.

Yes please put me in touch with someone, we not have taken out cameras off line again as this is now going off and waking our child. I would appreciate if this was resolved as soon as possible.

We have also noticed now that the camera loses sound on the recordings. This is also a new issue.

Chad

My camera has begun making this sound as well, could someone please provide the link to the thread where Ring is responding? Thanks!

My camera just started doing this too. Could you please tell me how to get rid of the noise?

me too, same issue. It is driving my family nuts. My girlfriend is demanding I remove all of my ring cameras and go with another company that is not associated with ring. Please make this stop. It has to be a recent update or something because this camera was working fine for more than a year. Strong wifi signal.

Yes, mine has started doing the same thing about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

My camera has started doing this now, whats the solution please?

Remote property stickup camera has been bleeping all night long, keeping occupants awake. What’s the quickest permanent fix for this issue? Historically this camera has been fine for 6 months, having bought it from Ring direct. Thanks

Hi there, @Rideondude! Please ensure there are not any other electronics near your Stick Up Camera. Once this is confirmed, I recommend trying a reset on your Camera by holding the button for 20 seconds. Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Many thanks for the advice :+1: