Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

Exactly the same problem here. I’m in the UK with various ring devices. Ring Video Doorbell 3 plus works absolutely fine with Live View and shows the last health check as only one minute ago. However my two 3rd Gen Stick Up Cams will not show live view, both just state “streaming error”. Device health shows that one of the had a health check last completed 5 hours ago and the other had a health check last completed 23 hours ago! Terrible that Ring haven’t fixed this issue despite the amount of complaints on this thread!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I pulled the battery out of mine.  Waited a couple of minutes and put it back in.  Then reinstalled the cam via the phone app.  Working proerly again.  Fingers crossed...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

...unlike my typing.  Working "properly".

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have done this with mine. Work for a day or so and then they fail again.

I have to now check the app and see surprise when all cams show they are working. They seem to work when and how they want to!

This has to be a firmware issue??
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Why is this thread marked as solved when it clearly isn’t???
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Plug In Stick Up Cam

I just installed a plug in stick up cam. It is always preventing live stream viewing stat that the battery level is critically low. I bought this so I wouldn’t have to worry about the battery. I selected the plug in option during setup. Did I make a mistake somewhere?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Plug In Stick Up Cam

there is a big thread about this topic.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This will be my final update on this subject. It's been 30 days of monitoring my Ring cams and I'm happy with how they are working. In betwen we had a 6 hour power outage in the neighborhood. Once power was restored and my routers and extenders came back up, all my cams came back online by themselves. This included my previously problematic stick up cam. On my part I would have to say that whatever the Ring team did, it worked.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here, also in the UK. Still not fixed. I've had 2 of these cameras for a few days now and they simply don't work. My doorbell 2 works fine. Done all the usual to the stickup cams, it's clearly a firmware issue or maybe a server thing on ring's end. Shocked at how long this has been going on, makes me think they aren't going to fix it any time soon Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Indeed, I have just invested in the 10 piece alarm system and it’s great (so far!!!) alongside my ring doorbell 3 which has been flawless despite it being at our gate and quite away from the house, and then the stick up cam is just seriously flawed in comparison, even now when popping the battery and replacing it, I can’t get live view!!! I thought it was because I keep moving it around the house as that it what I bought it for (to keep an eye on my puppy) but even now having left it in one place I still have the issues.