Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

I still have this issue where live view does not work on the stick up cams, why is it showing as resolved?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Because it is not a consistent easy solvable issue which not all users have they blame it on the neighbours themselves. Putting it on solved makes it go away they hope.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m the original poster of this issue. There has been a development.... all of a sudden after I got the update with “modes” and the two stickup cams started working in live mode immediately. That would be great, but here’s the real kick in the teeth. Now the ring doorbell (which has always worked fine) started having the problem the stickup cams were having. It works if triggered by motion but not in live view. Once again, I’ve tried everything and gone far beyond the low effort posts that have been offered by ring in this post.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same problem with my stickup cam. I have a Samsung S10e and there is an issue between the Bluetooth and the live function in the Ring app. If I turn off my bluetooth, the live view works immediately. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same problem. I have two new Stick Up Cam Battery devices operating on a high-speed wifi network and "Live" never works in a timely way. When I try to view "Live" all I get is a spinning image and a message saying "Activating Device." The best that I ever get is a connection within 5-10 seconds but far more often than not, I get no message or a message saying "LIVE VIDEO ENDED, RECONNECT" when it hasn't connected or it just keeps spinning. To Ring Management: what would happen if a criminal broke into my house one night and I couldn't even get these cameras to work? If I am doing something wrong then please advise and don't ignore these comments.   

Highlighted
New Neighbor

anyone figure out a solution for this, my parents getting the same error all of the sudden and they are in another country so trying to fix it for them is hard. 

I have had them reset it and make sure its updated, check the wifi speed and signal, still no avail.

My Motion Detector is working, i can see images from a few secs ago but no Live view when i click it, its stuck on "Activating Device" and then Live view ended. Even my historal view is black

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have a solution to enable live view.  My system updated a month ago to allow the cameras to be activated when the alarm is set off.  Ever since then, live stream on my indoor cameras has not worked.  I just disabled that feature and they work now.  So something wrong with that feature update.  Open app, click pulldown menu icon (usually 3 small lines or 3 dots), go to settings, modes, scroll all the way to bottom and select the disable mode settings for cameras.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I made a change last night and it seems to be helping this issue. I went in my router/gateway and made the IP address of my cam a static IP address. Also, I noticed that my router/gateway gave my doorbell an IP address that ended in three digits while it gave my cam an address that ended in two digits. I have no live problems with my doorbell so I changed the Cam's IP address to be one number off from the doorbell. So now they both have IP addresses that end in three digits (I.e. xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) I powered the cam off and then back on so it would acquire the new static IP address and so far we've been able to live view every time and quite fast. I'm not sure if this is an actual solution but so far it's working for us. We have Comcast Xfinity Internet with their Xfi wireless gateway.
Highlighted
Community Manager

We appreciate you sharing this with the Community, @iamlenhall. Good call on checking network settings! I'll be sure to share this feedback with the team.

Neighbors, if you've confirmed RSSI (wifi signal strength) is optimal, tried a reset or power cycle, have tried removing and reinstalling the Ring app, and tested Rapid Ring app connection, and live view is still not working as intended, I recommend looking into network settings. Our support team can also assist with more in-depth video connection troubleshooting.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Solution works for me too.

/* */