Did you mean: 

Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

I am in The Netherlands.

And there really is a problem.

The weird thing is - and why it is incredibly hard to solve for Ring - that it is not consistent.

This weekend i was away from home and live view dit not work, not over Wifi and not over 4G. Yesterday i was at home and while logged in onto the same WIFI network i did not get the live view to work either when i tried once again. I changed nothing and right now i am at work and over 4G the live view connects like there is no issue at all.

I work in IT and know the hardest problems are those which are not consistent. Where to start how to figure out what is wrong. I have no clue, but meanwhile we have a defective live view...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am just so glad I am not the only one seeing this same thing. RING needs to get this fixed. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Agreed to all of the above, this is a serious flaw. We are having the same problem as above. Not happy. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same exact problem here. 2 stickup cams, brand new, quit working. Ring doorbell works just fine. Its not my freaking WIFI, its not my internet, its the cameras. BOTH Stick up cams stopped working at the exact same time. Everything else I have works like it should. Get off the script ring!!!! If its a firmware bug then tell us and make it so we can roll back. Enough already! 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine has been messed up for a month now. I called support once. The agent was kind and helpful but what the hell is wrong here. It keeps happening and I did not buy this thing to have to be constantly working on it to have it work properly.

Starting to feel like it was a mistake to trust this brand. 

I don't really want to have to return it and switch brands. I sure hope Ring sorts this out because I am getting sick of messing with this stuff.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

A packet carpture using wireshark is a good place to start. If your problem is similar to mine, the cameras are still online and connected to the network. Its the software that is causing the problem. The more evidence we can put in front of Ring to make this undeniable the better. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Live view on Ring doorbell and battery cam worked perfect for 2 months. On the battery operated cam live view stopped working although camera is recording. Greetz from the Netherlands
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.
I also have 2 new stickup cams, and also 3 wireless spotlight cam and a doorbell. While the doorbell and the spotlight cams are working fine, I can't connect to the stickup cams. This if very frustrating because I'm from home this month, so not easy to do some resets. I'm also in IT so please don't come back with all the standard answers because that's already covered. What I do notice is that sometimes, though I don't get a connection through to my phone, it does record 30 seconds which I'm able to watch back. Also, when I left, it did work. Please fix this firmware because this is not what I paid for!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I get an email now to be sure to work with updated software. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Im not able to update the software on the stick up cam and keep stuck on firmware cam-1.4.15200
I already did a full re install, removed battery. And used reset button.
Wifi reception is ok.

/* */