Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

I purchased my cam, extra battery and Echo Show 8 less than 30 days ago. My charge is at 95% and signal strength is about 70. I started having the same problem tonite. Everything I have is updated and current. Please Ring, fix this problem. Also, I went through all the recommendations. The problem is not at my end. Thank you in advance
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Update, my Stick Up Cam is up and running. Thank you Ring.Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Neighbor

From some of the postings that I have read I'm starting to get the impression that people think having a high RSSI number is a good thing.  The Ring levels are stated in minus figures so -40 is better than -70. See following link:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360030391371-Improving-your-Ring-Device-Connectivity-

My devices (4 of them)  RSSI range from -23 (best) to -42 (worst)  and by having direct connections to routers and also extenders I have had no issues since April.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I had the same issue as everyone else here. Bought a 2 pack stickup cam set and when they work they are great. Mine dropped offline without fail every 2 days. I tried given them static IPs but didn’t seem to help. I tried everything. They are outside but the WiFi signal is strong enough for them to not drop off every other day for sure.

I have a ring doorbell that has never once dropped offline as well as a ring indoor cam which has never missed a beat. I sent back for a full refund, must say customer service was very good all be it I was within the 30 days money back guarantee.

I am tempted to try the stickup elite cams with Poe to see if that makes any difference to the camera dropping offline being on a network cable but not sure if I want to shed out £170 on something that might not work.

Be interesting to know if anyone has had any success with the elites.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This problem is not solved. 

I have a ring stick up cam (3rd gen) and I have the same problem.
This product worth nothing. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Update: Switched to the spotlight cams. They work PERFECTLY. Same connection and comparable signal strength. The problem is definitely with these particular cams.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I wish I'd read this thread before I bought one of these things. Mine worked for an hour and then started telling me Live View wasn't enabled. It was, but I disable it and then re-anabled it it, at which point the Ring App hung. I tried Rapid Ring too but that didn't work either.

Thankfully I bought through Amazon so I have sent it back for a refund.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My Cameras stopped working a couple of days ago.  Feeling like this system is not reliable.  I can't get a human online or on the phone to help resolve this issue. Should I give up on Ring and find another system?  I can't find a way to reset the system and there seems to be no real support to assist.  Very frustrating.  I'm about to give up on this.

New Neighbor

My Spotlight cam is experiencing these issues now. I’ve tried setting up as new device etc without any luck
This is all I get. My Wi-fi is fine
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I disabled modes and there is a good improvement in the live view response.  
I had this problem on 2 of my stickup cams and now they respond to live view. But one still is having a problem occasionally but dose respond to live view more often then not.   I now believe This is a software problem with ring and not a hardware problem.   Ring needs to address this issse. And thank you for this helpful information.