Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

Got the same issue here. Really wish I’d spotted this thread before wasting a couple of hours on the phone to tech support. Just received two brand spanking new cameras as direct replacements for my old stick up cams which I rasied the issue with. That’s the good news.

Bad news: there’s someting defintely off with the cameras themselves:

• Doorbell works perfectly, always has done

• Initally the cameras worked perfectly, then noticed they would regularly not alert or show live view

• Tried new batteries, rebooting units, removing from ring and re-adding no joy

• Reset wifi router several times, tried 2.4 only, 5ghz only no joy

• Replaced router with expensive wireless mesh system no joy

• Replaced stick up cams no joy

• Changed out DNS settings to go to google’s DNS servers, all ports opened, checked ISP not blocking the ports Ring told me to check etc. All no joy

Thinking back, this all seems to have started when they deployed the extra motion functionality and home/away modes. The stick up cams have been unstable ever since.

Logically it can’t be my network config or ISP config or the cameras wouldn’t work initially on reboot. Can’t be wifi as that’s all new.

Think the cameras are just pants and we’ll have to wait for a firmware update to correct. I’m not impressed in the slightest.

NB: As I type this, the kitchen cam has suddenly started working again, with no changes or intervention from me. Backs up the fact that the network, wifi or internet is not configured correctly. Unstable rubbish.

1 Like