Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

Hello fellow Ring stick up cam victims,

I just purchased four Ring outdoor stick up cameras and the solar panel plug-ins. I also purchased three TP-link Wi-Fi extenders which work on dual band with strong signals. Without the WiFi extenders, the cameras would lose their connection and not go into live view while using either regular or rapid app. Now, all but one camera works well, even one with a RSSI of -66 to -70. What is strange is the one problem camera nearest to the router is mounted just outside my patio door, yet it has a RSSI -52 and loses connection and won’t go live view within 1 to 3 hours after being reconnected manually. My plan tomorrow is this: I will remove the device, reset, and reinstall, but if this does not fix the problem permanently then I will return this particular camera and get a new one and give Ring one last shot. Hopefully ring customer service can submit these reports to their appropriate department. This thread has been going on for months. Thank you everyone who has submitted comments regarding your problems. People like myself benefit from reading issues that have been reported by other people and helped me realize we’re not alone in our customer complaints. We are in this together!

2 Likes