Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

Wow. A lot of people with problems with the Stick Up Cam. I felt the need to throw my hat in the ring.

I had my Ring Alarm system and stick up cam for almost a year. For the most part no problems.

However, this changed around the time that they came out with the Motion Verification Feature, which I initially enabled. I thought that was causing the problem below, so I turned the feature off. That did not solve anything.

I am often not getting notifications for movement. When I look at the recent events, the video picture is overexposed (very, very light) and the picture pauses a second or so once a person or object enters the frame. The video will remain stuck for about 30 seconds to one minute. The end of the clip is normal, but it is generally after the person or object is out of view.

Moreover, I am not able to access live view. All of these are problems when using the App on my phone or the website on my computer.

After reviewing video clips, it looks like this has been going on since around April 2nd or 3rd. Some of the videos clips are completely black.

2 Likes