Live view not working on stick up cams 3rd gen though works for doorbell

I finally found a thread for my ongoing problem with a stick up cam. I also have 2 floodlights and a spotlight cam that have worked with no issues. The stick up cam has its own wifi connection to an extender with a 35 RSSI. I have had the problem that the stick up cam becomes unresponsive, no live view, device health shows the last status was hours back while my other Ring cams show up to a few seconds status. I have called support at least three times with the same result: no solution. The stick up has a battery and solar panel which shows the battery charged to 100%. I hook my smartphone onto to the stick cam wifi connection with no problem as to internet access. By trial and error found out that by removing the battery and disconnecting solar panel and reconnecting after 30 seconds the stick up cam becomes active and everything works ok. The last time I did this it lasted for over three weeks with no problems. After reading all the postings on this issue I’m convinced the problem is the stick up cam whether firmware or hardware.

4 Likes