Lights always on

My floodlight cam is constantly turning the lights on for the past week or so. Even when I manually turn them off, they’re back on within seconds. Sometimes the app will show the lights as being off but they are really on. They used to work perfectly. Is anyone else having this issue? Hoping it’s a software issue rather than my personal light. I have adjusted lighting zones and set a light schedule and still no change.

Hey @Jwilder728. Could you try disconnecting the power to the Floodlight Cam from the breaker for a few minutes, and then reconnecting the power? After this is done, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds. Once this reboot is completed, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Floodlight Cam > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. From here this will take you through another setup of the device, and once this is completed, monitor the device to see if the lights keep coming on.

If the lights continue to come on, please check out our Help Center Article here which showcases the range of view for the lights to trigger on, as there may be something in the larger zone that is setting off the lights form the PIR sensor. In the event this still does not address your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes!

We have had a similar problem for the last month or so. Our lights just keep going on and off, ALL night. They go on, stay on for the alloted 30 seconds, and then go off, only to go back on within a few more seconds. We have removed landscaping lights and have moved vehicles we thought might be causing the problem. But it doesn’t seem to help. A couple of times we turned the system off completely. I have adjusted and readjusted zones and settings but it seems to have no effect. Last night, I deactivated the motion/light zones and minimized the distance to nothing. This completely negates the reason we bought the system.