Light motion zones on wired spotlight cam will not stay disabled

Since I updated to the version of the Ring app which introduced modes, the motion zones for my spotlight cam lights will not stay disabled. I disable the 3 zones and hit save. It shows that the zones are off. However, within a few minutes the zones go back on without me touching the app. I am running Ring app version 5.24.1 on an Iphone 8 running IOS 13.3.1. This issue makes the device useless because we often sit outside in the evening and cannot stop the lights from turning on every time we move. Anyone else see this issue?

I installed 2 new floodlight cams today. I have the exact same issue.

Thanks. I chatted with support and reported the problem. They said they do not yet have a fix. Hope they are working on it but no way to know. I wonder if they monitor their community.

1 Like

Flood camera will not allow users to pause the motion zones or turn them off. We keep flooding the neighborhood with our crappy ring flood lights. It’s embarrassing.
Every time we try and save it, it reverts back.

This issue is all over Reddit and Facebook.

I just called Ring support where I was met with a girl reading a script. No help, kept apologizing for I don’t know what and neither did she… they eventually hung up on me after being on hold.
I’m pretty certain it’s their terrible app witch is only usable via Phone (website user interface is limited and messy)

Anyone else have an idea as to how to fix this? Preferably someone not working at this company as I want results.

Thank you for this information, neighbors. We appreciate your patience while the team continues to investigate this. We’re going to have a Ring team member contact you using the same email address associated with your Community log in and Ring account. We’ll be able to give you a more direct line of support and deliver information to the appropriate team at Ring. We will continue to update you with information from the team when we have a more permanent fix.

Thank you for this information, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. In addition, any neighbor that comments in this thread with having this concern will be reached out to personally in order to issue a fix from our end. Please continue to share examples as to what happens so we can pass it along to the appropriate teams. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you again!

Marley,

Please note that in the latest version of the app, you can no longer turn off all zones… I have tried turning them all off and then pressing “Save”, but the lights still activate. On going back into the settings screen, all zones are “On” but with the detection distance set to “Min” - this still causes the lights to activate.
In the previous version of the app you could set all 3 zones to “Off” and they would remain off (and the light would not come on as expected). Please can this be passed to the app development team ao that they can fix this rather annoying bug! Thank you.

Thanks Chelsea. This is a serious bug so I hope to hear something soon. BTW, it would be a great enhancement if control of the light zones (on/off) could also be included in the modes settings for this device. This would provide a “1-click” ability to completely configure the device.

1 Like

My wires ring cam is doing the exact opposite. We turn the motion zones off so the lights will not come on and I can not turn back on. I save the setting g and it reverts back to ‘off’. It happened after the software updated. Please provide the fix to me as well.

Sigh, I just discovered this issue has been introduced here as well.

I have two wired Spotlight Cameras and for one I HAVE to disable the motion zones for light activation. This no longer works.

Setting the zones to “off” reverts automatically within minutes to “on”. This used to work.

Please look into and fix Ring team!

Using version 5.24.1. Motion zones for lights on spotlight cam no longer functions. I am seeing numerous complaints on this issue in this forum and I am surprised that this is not immediately corrected with an update. When will this be fixed?

I have this exact issue with the motion zones for the lights. I disabled one of the zones months ago and now it’s stuck disabled and the other two cannot be disabled. I backed the app off all the way to 3.16.1 and it’s still broke so I am not sure it’s just the app.

THIS IS NOT FIXED! Not a solution!!! STOP BRUSHING THIS ASIDE

I have the same problem while I just bought the Floodlight can… Light motion zones on wired spotlight cam will not stay disabled, which is pretty annoying… Can someone help with this?

The adjustment of the light motion zones do not stay intact which is so annoying. Can somebody help with this?

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to pass on word that I heard from my teams. It looks like the issue of the motion zones for the lights not saving on the Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam has been fixed at this time. Thank you to the neighbors that were patient during this time and I apologize in advance if we were unable to get to everyone that originally had this concern. It is now resolved, so please make sure you have an updated version of your app! If you continue to run into this concern of the zones not saving, please let us know or for a more immediate response, please reach out to our support team here. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this information, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this post as a solution as we have deemed that this trending concern has been resolved. We appreciate your patience again and will continue to keep an eye on this thread in case things change. Thank you!

I have the same issue as well as the shedule for the walkway/transformig wont work properly.

2 Likes

The problem still exists for me. I’m running the latest software version 5.27.1

2 Likes

Still NOT FIXED

with COVID-19 forcing us to stay home and now the California wildfires forcing us to stay inside when we do get a short window to go outside I’d like to do that without the lights going on and off all the time. I tried changing the motion zones, the time, anything I could think of to make the lights stay on. NOTHING WORKED. I would like to thank RING for ruining our one night that we were able to sit outside. I’m now looking to give you and your company a 1 star rating.

Sorry to hear about this @Don68! This light motion zones functionality should work as intended in the Ring app. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Minimizing your light zones/ sensitivity will help to avoid detection, unless you are very close to the Camera.

If this concern is persisting, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I figured it out … this all started when I installed the Bridge. However, it is a bit involved. What RING needs is a button ON THE DASHBOARD that will

1. turn all lights on regardless of the settings and leave them on.

2. turn all lights off regardless of the settings and leave them off.

3. Resume light settings.