cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Schedule on Pause

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Light Schedule on Pause

I called and they changed my time zone to Eastern time.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just had this issue resolved. The Floodlight Cam is set to UTC time which is +5 hrs from EST. You need to tell the support rep to change the UTC offset to -5.00:00 hours.  Works perfectly now

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Have you already tried setting via GMT time? If not, do that.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

You have to call and have them change your light to your time zone. I did and now both my lights work correctly
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yep. You have to call and tell the person on the other line that they have to contact the person above them “the wizards” to change the camera time to your local time zone. I just received a replacement floodlight camera. Set it up and set the light schedule. It did not come on at 6:00pm EST. Called support. They tried to work me through a bunch of trouble shooting. I said NO. Just change the firmware to EST. After being on hold for a few minutes she said yeah you are right the floodlight camera needs to be set to EST. I said thanks and hung up. Received an email 5 minutes later stating that all is well. Sure enough the light is now coming on at correct time. Again. When you call the ring support be strong and tell them change the time zone on your device to save yourself aggravation. I love confrontation resolution. Peace.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors. We have the team investigating this. Thanks!

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Hi neighbors. We have the team investigating this. Thanks!

How long does it take to investigate this? It has been reported on this thread alone almost a year ago? False promises of hope!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It looks like the problem was fixed on my lights on/off time after a couple of Ring updates were downloaded....the lights now come on and go off local time without having to enter an offset for GMT.....I never contacted Ring just decided to try it a couple weeks ago and it worked like it should after download

/* */