Light Schedule on Pause

In case any of you did not get a similar email, I received one on Aug 14 saying they’ve pushed an update to fix this issue. It seems to be working for me so far.

Here’s the email:

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:59 PM

Hi Rim,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked on improving the functionality with the scheduling of lights on the Floodlight Cam. We have just recently pushed a new update that should help keep the Floodlight Cam lights enabled for the scheduled time. If your problem has been resolved no further action is needed on your behalf.

If the light schedule is not currently active on your Floodlight Cam please set up another schedule and monitor it for a short period to verify it is following what you set it to. Please keep in mind that if you set a light schedule for the same day and that time has passed it will begin the light schedule on the following day.

If needed, the link below has additional information regarding the lights on the Floodlight Cam:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004155866-Controlling-the-Floodlights-and-Light-Settings-on-Your-Floodlight-Cam

If you have a concern not covered above or your device is not working as expected, feel free to reach back out to us by email (help@ring.com), phone (US +1(800) 656-1918 or INTL +1(310) 929-7085) or chat with us at Ring.com

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Having the same problem. Used to work but the schedule never works anymore. Only the motion sensor works.

1 Like

Just a day or two ago I had one floodlight out of several that stayed on until I turned it off. It did this for two days. The others went off as scheduled, no idea why that one light went haywire for a couple of days. I almost think something is getting confused in their system as I keep having to change the schedule because of the ever increasing run times because of the days getting shorter. I really wish they’d put a photo cell on the lights that would control the lights. That would eliminate this task of every couple of days having to either adjust the light times or come home to a dark house. I really cannot believe they won’t do this. Think how much energy they’d save when the days start getting longer and lights are still running when it’s light out because they are on a schedule from a week ago. It’s just unthinkable that they won’t put a dang photocell on the light. Especially with amazon claiming to be so green.

1 Like

Yes, it would definitely be nice if they would add a photo cell to the floodlights. It would save a lot of time when it comes to having to make time changes due to daylight savings time, etc. Also, when the weather is bad and it gets dark, it would be nice to have the lights automatically come on without having to manually turn them on.

OMG. Why couldn’t I have found this post before I purchased this thing. I’ve been a Ring customer for years, doorbell and alarm. Like others have said I replaced my simple $15 photocell with this and the light schedule just flat out doesn’t work. Turns off randomly in the middle of the night. Doesn’t come on as scheduled. I really though I was losing my mind.<br>Ring? What gives? People started reporting this a few months ago. You shouldn’t be selling it if it doesn’t work.

Ring Team, if a fix for this is not imminent, I will be returning it. I spent half the day on the phone with a support technician yesterday who had no idea this was a widespread issue.

1 Like

Still not working for me (Nov 30th). 2 Floodlight Cams, both showing “up to date” with firmware, and both with lights shutting off before their scheduled time in the light schedule.

I’ve deleted, saved, recreated, and re-saved the schedule to no avail.

Anyone have any other workarounds/thoughts? (I’ll also throw a call into support on Monday and see where that gets me).

DITTO!

Started in my home 3 weeks ago…same issue !

I’ve DELTED the app off my iPhone then went to the app store and reloaded the RING app from the cloud. Went to settings and saved them.

Will let you know tomorrow morning if this was the fix…it’s something which has worked in the past with similar bugs in the WAZE app.

BRB Tue.

I am having the identical problem and put through the same steps when contacting customer support. No fix.
I installed my unit on Dec 4, 2019.

Does your timezone observe Daylight Savings Time ?

I ended up returning mine. For the cost, it really shouldn’t be this difficult. My LED photocell I replaced it with works flawlessly.

2 Likes

In my time zone, we participate in Daylight Savings Time…That said, in order to have the lights turn off at 6:30AM, I had to set the off time to 7:30am…

Guessing come Spring 2020, when we push the time forward again, it will be aligned with “Rings” time zone…

1 Like

Okay, time zone seems to be my issue as well. I have 2 floodlight cams… and both shut off exactly 1 hour before the scheduled time.

So as a workaround, I’ve simply extended my shutoff time by 1 hour. I had opened a ticket which was supposedly escalated… but haven’t heard anything back (1 week or so).

Good to know !

At least “we”, were able to figure this one out…

They could have avoided all this confusion by email blasting clients declaring an issue and this temp fix…

I contacted support center. Pushed me via email to tier II support (what we call our wizards behind the curtain at my office). Received an email back from Anthony said he fixed the time zone to EST and to check my devices setting up new time approx 5 minutes beyond set up time. I noticed now next to the time on the app EST appears and now the lights “seem” to be on schedule. I will post tomorrow to advise if this is a permanent fix. Thanks for quick service RING wizard.

1 Like

I just installed a new Ring floodlight cam I purchased 2 weeks ago and am experiencing the same issue of my lights not following the saved schedule light ths thread started with. I thought it might be a time zone problem also but there is no shift in my schedule. The lights just turn on and off at random times. I thought the motion detection might be contributing also so I turned off all motion zones for the lights, but the lights still turn on and off at random times. I can’t believe this issue was reported back in July of 2019 and here is is Dec 2019 and people are still having issues. I have Ring floodlight cams I bought last year and they work fine. I don’t think I’m going to wait around on Ring for this one. I’m thinking of replacing the lights with Philips Hue lights which work excellently. Ring cannot even do sunrise/sunset. How ridicules this is!

I have the same issue. We have 3 floodlight security cameras on our building. Two are older and work fine. One stopped connecting to the WIFI so they sent me a replacement. On the “Brand new” unit the lights just plain do not work. Set them to be on all the time. No sir, show up in the morning and the lights are off. Set them to a schedule, no sir they turn on, and off when they please. What a joke that they cannot fix such a simple issue. Thanks for downgrading me when sending me a replacement camera, Ring…

I had an issue where I would create a light schedule but my floodlights would not turn on at those scheduled times. In the beginning, I saw that the lights were on when they were not scheduled, giving me the impression that the lights were randomly turning on/off by themselves. But then I thought it might be a time zone issue. I am in EST, but set my schedule based off of zulu time. As soon as I did that, they lights turned on when I wanted them to. In hindsight, my lights weren’t randomly turning on/off, but following zulu time.

1 Like

I am having the same problem i cant get my lights to come on by schedule. What is being done to resolve this problem?