Light Schedule on Pause

Update: This was a reply to a much earlier post that was asking for a sunrise/sundown feature instead of manually setting the time, to avoid constantly changing the schedule through the season. I was think thinking it would be an in-line reply. Anyway, I will check the Greenwich time zone fix.

Actually they don’t need to change the hardware to implement what your asking for. These devices are connected to the internet, sunrise/sundown information is already available for their system to take advantage of. For instance on my Alexa app you can setup a timer based on a desired time or one of the options is sunrise/sundown. I used that routine for Xmas lights and it worked perfectly. It even provides the flexibility to set a +/- delay, for instance 15 min before sunset.

Anyway, the reason why I’m reading these posts is because I just bought a ring floodlight, Jan 2020, and my light simply ignores my schedule. I was initially annoyed that the app didn’t include the Amazon sunrise/sundown option to later feel a bigger slap on the face when the actual manual schedule didn’t even work in the first place. I know Amazon bought Ring but I think they’re still a separate team based in Southern CA. The rest of the Echo hardware is designed by the main team in Sunnyvale. A glitch like this occurring for this long on a device like this leaves me speechless. Grrrr!!!