Light Schedule on Pause

@Socrates99

Re: long post

I hear ya. It sounds like you’re technical and might even be a software developer. I’m not one myself but was in operations for a big software company so I know about troubleshooting software on a global scale.

I’ll get technical and people can ignore it:

I even asked to get signed up to Ring’s API because if part of the API is the ability to turn the light on and off, I was just going to schedule it outside of the Ring app and see if that isn’t a workaround. Worst case, if the issue still happened, then we’d know the scheduling part of the software isn’t the issue. I haven’t gotten a reply because I believe it was really more for other companies who want to partner with Ring instead of an individual like myself.

Another idea I had is if Ring could lend us a battery-powered Ring Doorbell. I’m under the assumption that the Ring Floodlight going on and off will trigger an alert in the Ring Doorbell and we wouldn’t have to guess if the light had gone on or off. We’d have the exact timestamp and might lead to better troubleshooting. Although this is something the Ring devs/ops people should already be doing, I’m willing to do it myself. Heck, I’d even volunteer during the weekend, for free, to help get this fixed. This is how bad it’s gotten for me.