Light Schedule on Pause

I may be way off here but from casual observation (I will try and confirm this when I have the time) I have noticed that sometimes when there has been a motion event that the lights will go off after a minute or so. I haven’t confirmed this but I have noticed they seem to be off after a motion event. I even think sometimes it’s motion that doesn’t even trigger an alert in the area that turns off the light a minute or so later. I have no settings turned on that would affect the light if motion is detected as I want the light to run on a schedule and not as motion activated light - I checked the settings for motion activated light and it’s off. Which is where I think the problem is coming from. Somehow when it detects motion it runs through the motion activation algorithm and deactivates the light after a minute even thought the lights have been on for hours before this motion event and are not set as motion activated. It just seems like motion is triggering the lights motion timer to start even when one doesn’t have that feature on.

I almost thought this problem had been magically fixed for the last week or so as they had been running correctly for a time. Then I get a motion alert when the lights are supposed to be on I check a minute or two later and they are off and I know they were on earlier in the evening.

I hope Ring is making progress on this problem. It’s really annoying and preventing me from a full scale deployment of these around my property.

2 Likes