Light Schedule on Pause

Okay, time zone seems to be my issue as well. I have 2 floodlight cams… and both shut off exactly 1 hour before the scheduled time.

So as a workaround, I’ve simply extended my shutoff time by 1 hour. I had opened a ticket which was supposedly escalated… but haven’t heard anything back (1 week or so).

Good to know !

At least “we”, were able to figure this one out…

They could have avoided all this confusion by email blasting clients declaring an issue and this temp fix…

I contacted support center. Pushed me via email to tier II support (what we call our wizards behind the curtain at my office). Received an email back from Anthony said he fixed the time zone to EST and to check my devices setting up new time approx 5 minutes beyond set up time. I noticed now next to the time on the app EST appears and now the lights “seem” to be on schedule. I will post tomorrow to advise if this is a permanent fix. Thanks for quick service RING wizard.

1 Like

I just installed a new Ring floodlight cam I purchased 2 weeks ago and am experiencing the same issue of my lights not following the saved schedule light ths thread started with. I thought it might be a time zone problem also but there is no shift in my schedule. The lights just turn on and off at random times. I thought the motion detection might be contributing also so I turned off all motion zones for the lights, but the lights still turn on and off at random times. I can’t believe this issue was reported back in July of 2019 and here is is Dec 2019 and people are still having issues. I have Ring floodlight cams I bought last year and they work fine. I don’t think I’m going to wait around on Ring for this one. I’m thinking of replacing the lights with Philips Hue lights which work excellently. Ring cannot even do sunrise/sunset. How ridicules this is!

I have the same issue. We have 3 floodlight security cameras on our building. Two are older and work fine. One stopped connecting to the WIFI so they sent me a replacement. On the “Brand new” unit the lights just plain do not work. Set them to be on all the time. No sir, show up in the morning and the lights are off. Set them to a schedule, no sir they turn on, and off when they please. What a joke that they cannot fix such a simple issue. Thanks for downgrading me when sending me a replacement camera, Ring…

I had an issue where I would create a light schedule but my floodlights would not turn on at those scheduled times. In the beginning, I saw that the lights were on when they were not scheduled, giving me the impression that the lights were randomly turning on/off by themselves. But then I thought it might be a time zone issue. I am in EST, but set my schedule based off of zulu time. As soon as I did that, they lights turned on when I wanted them to. In hindsight, my lights weren’t randomly turning on/off, but following zulu time.

1 Like

I am having the same problem i cant get my lights to come on by schedule. What is being done to resolve this problem?

I have been having a very similar issue. The lights are not following the schedule…they sometimes turn on at the correct time, they sometimes turn off at the correct time. But they also are very spontanous. I cannot seem to find a pattern. Support phone calls have been very unhelpful with the “turn it off and on again” approach. Any help or advice would be appriciated.

1 Like

In the same boat with the light schedule. It has only followed the schedule for maybe 24 hours. It will turn on at 1 in the afternoon and not turn off. It will stay off at sunset, or it won’t turn off at sunrise. All I want is dusk to dawn. This shouldn’t be hard, but it is.

I have verified that my light schedule is working off of Zulu, GMT or whatever else you like to call it time. I live in US Central Time (UTC-6) so I just add 6 hours to my local time I want my lights to go on or off. Don’t forget to turn off the motion activation light feature if you want to check for your schedule working properly. Someone else on this thread discovered the Zulu time setting… I’m just confirming it. I don’t understand why Ring can’t fix this or tell people what the issue is. Their cameras work great but their light leave more to be desired.

2 Likes

This sounds promsing. Mind boggling, yet promising. I am PST and just made the adjustment. I will check back after a cycle or two. Thanks!

That fixed it. I set it to GMT timers and we are all good

Or instead of that. Just call and they will set your cameras to whatever time zone you are in. Took about 5 minutes on the phone

SOLVED: Ring Floodlight Light Schedule not working

FIXED: I called Ring support and asked them to update each camera to use my local time zone. This requires a Tier 2 support member so I was on hold for a few minutes. But after the update the schedules are working properly now, and I can set them using my local time.

Before I made the call , I also verified that the workaround from a previous post does work: you can set the schedule using Zulu time. (for me, this was 6hrs ahead)

For some reason, I tried leaving the app going in the background after I made/revised my schedule. So far, it has been working as intended for the last 3 days. I was thinking that the problem seemed to be in the app itself or with the control link between the 2, so I gave it a shot. If it continues for a week or 2, I’ll try closing the app down and seeing if it continues operating correctly.

i started having the same issue where my floodlight cameras would disregard the schedule settings in my ring app… it all started after i linked my amazon account to ring. SO as a workaround, i disabled the lighting schedule in the ring app, and then uses the amazon alexa app to create a routine to turn the lights on at sunset, and then a second routine to turn them back off at sunrise. this is an inexcusable glitch for ring / amazon - BUT this has been working for me as a “fix”

let me know if this works for anyone else having the same issue!

thanks!

What happened to Marley & Jennifer from Ring and their interaction on this issue? Having to set the light schedule using GMT is an obvious known product defect discovered & reported not by Ring but by their customers…I am using GMT-6 for lights on/off and can positively confirm it works for my time zone…it is very disappointing that Ring has neither officially acknowledged nor corrected this problem that many multiple users like me are experiencing

1 Like

I called tech support and finally got someone that knew what he was doing. He reset the unit to my time zone. I was only the fourth call to tech support before I resolved the problem. I guess being persistent paid off. Really ring first thee calls the techs had no clue.

Redboats, yeah, you not finding tech support knowledgeable about the problem is the problem…I find it hard to understand…

10JUL19 Marley wrote;

“We’re sorry about this and truly do appreciate your patience. The team is looking into it and working on a fix. We will update this thread with more information once available.”

Maybe the team didn’t get the message…but if there is a fix possible over the phone seems logical this could be addressed globally with a permanent fix

My floodlight camera started doing this exact thing after my WiFi reset two days ago.
It will not follow the light schedule