Light Schedule on Pause

I’m another person with the same problem. I’ll check and the light on one of the floodlight cams has gone off on their own even though they are scheduled to be on. It’s random and happens on both of the units I have hooked up. I have only had them installed for a little over a month or two and I’d say it started about a week or two after install which makes me wonder if they pushed out a firmware update that is causing this but as they don’t let the user see firmware update history I have no idea. I just know it worked flawlessly for a few weeks. It’s very frustrating and I was going to install a third light but I don’t like the idea of having unreliable floodlights that don’t come on or stay on during their scheduled on time. Plus it’s recently started disregarding the motion detection schedule as well (it just randomly turns the motion alerts off so that motion alerts aren’t occurring or rather aren’t even on) so I’m thinking this has to be something they’ve done as it’s happening on two lights that were not purchased at the same time and were purchased from different stores. If they’d let us see when firmware was updated maybe we could get to the bottom of this but I guess they think that would just confuse us poor people. I really hope they get this fixed and if you find a fix please post it because the fact that the motion alerts are not following the schedule now is really irritating/alarming. Very disappointed. The other thing that is irritating is that when I turn the lights on manually they sometimes don’t go off at the scheduled time but I have no choice but to to turn them on manually or else it just stays dark. I apologize for my long post/rant. I just wish these would let one get a little under the hood so we could see what’s happening when this problem occurs. There should be a log somewhere that the user could see. I dread contacting tech support and having to go through some inconvenient thing such as climbing a ladder and adding and removing the light from the account. This issue started without anyone touching the light so it should be able to be fixed without climbing a ladder as well.

2 Likes